Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
kelimale
Tirana, Albania
Who was he ?

Love statues or monument like this took a lot of photo. No info about it so not smarter but still... read more

Reviewed August 24, 2018
Baross
Spikkestad, Norway

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Tirana
from $568.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I remeber since I was a little child when people said - Let meet at Partizani pa njoft (unknown partisan). Now the New bazaar next to it gives a better attraction for tourists. IT s a history for us, personification of the difficult war against italian-german forces.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

Love statues or monument like this took a lot of photo. No info about it so not smarter but still cool statue.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

I loved this monument but then again I love all the statues in Albania. I look for them everywhere. In the park with the Artificial Lake is a beautiful one of a partisan and a woman offering water. Behind the museum you'll see banished statues of Lenin and Stalin. Great place to see statues and this one is no exception.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

This is a great Socialist Realist monument to partisans in the centre of the city. It is striking and gives a strong impression of emotion and movement.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

Maybe if you are a national this rather ugly statue means something to you, but to me it didn't and as a statue it's bad.

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

One of those “unknown”
During my visit multiple times I asked my Albanian boyfriend who the monuments were, this was one of those he did not know.
A powerful looking man, it’s a shame really

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I guess all nations love their monuments and statues. After a while, I do not see the difference. No need to go out of your way to visit. Enjoy it if you are passing by.

Reviewed December 1, 2016

A statue of some significance in terms of the resistance towards the end of World War 2. Good depiction of the fighters involved.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

Wherever you are you find a monument like this. I am sure that it is important for locals, perhaps not so much for tourists. But it is nice to see it.

Reviewed June 28, 2016

nothing interesting to see. just a monument like in the picture. it is said to have been of a partizan that fell for the country but nobody knew his name.