“Wow.... this is a must to visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 80 things to do in Tirana
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 736 helpful votes
“Wow.... this is a must to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The best place that you must visit in Tirana.
You can have a great picture of Albania history if you visit this museum. From the very begining ultil the present day.You have signs to show you the route you have to take trough the "history". At the reception there is a guy who speaks english and he will tell you more about this place, and what you will going to see. Take more of your time to spen in the "comunist" part of the museum - like this you will understand how it was in every east european country.
There is a fee, but we are students, so we have paied something like 1 euro for both of us.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Guanajuato, Mexico
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Helpful for a better understanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

First of all, I think the huge mosaic above the entrance, named The Albanians, is really nice and interesting. The museum itself has a large collection of items covering the time from antiquity until the communist period. The collection is well presented and is very helpful in getting a better understanding of Albanian history, although the information in English could have been much better in some places.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lars A
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Worth a visit but we were hoping for so much more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The museum is quite extensive and is well laid out, but unfortunately we don't speak any Albanian and there was little signage in English. Without a tour guide (we didn't see one on offer at reception) we struggled to understand much of the displays. The photos were interesting and with a basic understanding of Albanian history it is possible to pick out the main events but I was really hoping to leave with a deeper understanding of the country and I'm not sure that I did.
The exhibition of Hoxha was also limited to the concentration camps - we were hoping to learn more about his beliefs, how he ran the country, the story behind the bunkers etc. It is still worth a visit but I think currently it is a missed opportunity to really share the fascinating history of Albania with international tourists.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank sheldita
Tirana, Albania
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

is a wonderful Museum, when you visit it you do a historical visit from ancient times to today, you can learn a lot for ilyrians, and Albanians, must visit

Visited November 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A highlight of my trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The museum is very well laid out and certainly has a very wide range of history which was brilliant... the mosaics and artefacts were very impressive and it certainly gave me a great feeling of Albania ... I was lucky to have my own personal Albanian tour guide, my hubby! But I even found at times that it would have been nice to have a little more English translations.
It's fairly deceptive too as it's massive !!! Definitely worth a good couple of hours to see everything properly.

Visited April 2013