“Don't need to leave the property!”

Sheraton Tirana Hotel
Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Tirana
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a great stay at the Sheraton Tirana. The property is beautiful and well kept. Our room was gorgeous with plenty of amenities-bath, mini bar, robes/sippers, safe etc. We even had a little porch area with table and chairs that was great to enjoy morning coffee!
Club room access is worth it-complimentary internet (although it's slowwww), 24 hour water, soda, coffee, and AM breakfast (with fresh juice!) day long snacks and PM apps.
The fitness area is clean and adequate, with plenty of different machines. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, with a bar outside. As we were with a large group, I think we took the bar by surprise the first day (only one person working) but he managed us as quickly as he could.
We also had drinks inside-good prices and decent food.
There is a mall attached to the hotel-with inexpensive hair styling (updo's were 15$) cigar shop, wine shop, and a few restaurants.
You really don't need to leave the hotel, but if you do, a few fun things are right within walking...there is a really nice open air club about a block away, and in the other direction, some really cute cafes and bars (rooftop, all open air). Didn't really get to explore much else of Tirana at all.
Overall, loved our stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank chisistas

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We just had a wonderful stay in this hotel and in this town, every thing was perfect: very nice hotel and good location, our room was very spacious and clean, and the staff is always looking to help! we loved the traditional Albanian food proposed in the restaurant, it was a good surprise, thanks to the helpfull waiter!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bouboune_007
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Sheraton Tirana Hotel offers comfort, superb service, and a great locatiob to its guest and visitors. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, and housekeeping maintains high standards of neatness and cleanliness. Internet access is widely available. Many of Tirana's landmarks and attractions are within easy walking distance. The reception staff are mosr gracious and hospitable. Two ATM's are conveniently located in the lobby. A souvenir shop with a fine assortment of gifts to help you remember your visit to Albania is managed by a helpful and courteous proprietor. I enjoyed breakfasts and dinners at the SHeraton's restaurant. Breakfast offers a fine selection of fresh fruits, rolls, and pastries. Including a few more hot dishes and some cereals would be my only suggestion. The dinner menu features a good selection of traditional Albanian meals and other selections that are delicious and well-presented. I want to praise highly the waiters and servers, though I probably have not spelled their names correctly, especially Keni, Andi, Gentian, Emiliano, and Emil. They are unfailingly cheerful, hardworking, friendly, and henerous. Thank you very much to each of you! John Bridges

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnBridges_12
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Tirana is a surprisingly charming and safe city. Sure it is a little rough around the edges but as the capital of Albania, it is clearly regenerating from a torrid contemporary history and justifies Lonely Planet's 2011 top billing for countries to visit.

One of the city's shortcomings is the lack of quality accommodation.

The Sheraton Tirana stands well above it's limited peers and is really your only 5 star option. Given the very sparse competition, it is remarkable the service delivered would still put most North American or Western Europe major chain hotels to real shame.

Although the Club lounge seemed often poorly patronised, and appetisers modest, the very sweet welcome and attentiveness by the staff notably Mirjeta as well as her morning colleague were simply outstanding. Housekeeping was timely and efficient without a blemish. Front desk and door staff particularly Erwin was warm and friendly yet professional. Even the main breakfast room team impressed including Altin who remembered each morning our preference for freshly squeezed orange juice (which he squeezed himself).

The generous sized rooms are very comfortable and impressively furnished and despite other reviews in my assessment well maintained and exceptionally clean.

Your choice is simple!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynden K
Sheraton-Management, Manager at Sheraton Tirana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to post such positive comments. We are delighted to learn that our services and facilities contributed to making your stay so enjoyable! It is our goal to provide a warm, friendly and efficient service at all times and it is always rewarding to learn when we have accomplished this aim to the satisfaction of our guests. We shared your kind remarks with Mirjeta, Ervin and Altin whom personally wanted to thank you for commending them in your review. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

The Hotel Management.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Imagine my exhaustion. After a long, sleepless night crossing the Atlantic on a unashamedly outdated Virgin 747, a Underground trip into London with plenty of baggage, a full day of visiting friends in the city, a packed trip aboard a First Capital Connect service to Gatwick again, with baggage, a far longer flight to Tirana on an ancient BA 737-4 (I honestly thought those were finally out of service - oh yea, I was wrong,) I finally checked into the Tirana Sheraton. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember much of that check-in conversation. But somehow I got to my room. I opened the door, cranked up the air conditioning, and smiled.

You see, I have had very mixed associations with Sheratons in the past. Some have felt modern and fresh - but most have only left me wondering why this is considered a 5 star chain. And in my experiences, the Sheraton property reflected its location: the Sheraton in Chicago was far superior to the Sheraton in Syracuse, NY. You make what you will of the comparison between Chicago and Syracuse (Syracuse sucks.)

So I was nervous. I mean how would a Sheraton in Tirana, where they have almost no competition, stack up.

The Sheraton in Tirana is magnificent. I was upgraded to a Club room which meant that I had free access to the Club Lounge and free breakfast. I didn't really need the former as my room came with a large outdoor terrace overlooking the city. I even took in a local soccer match being played out in the stadium below the hotel. As for the latter, I felt as though I was in a private dinning room, as I never saw a soul expect the waitress in the Lounge.

I ate a few times at the hotel for meals other than breakfast and was never disappointed. I particularly enjoyed the Albanian specialties - a delicious mix of Italian, Greek and Turkish culinary influences. And while the service was sometimes slow by American standards, for Albania it was entirely prompt and beyond courteous.

The Sheraton Tirana was situated ideally for my needs. It is maybe a five minute walk from central Tirana, a distance I appreciated given the loud and boisterous nature of the capital.

Of course it is the staff that truly makes any hotel - and at the Sheraton Tirana, the staff is simply wonderful. Always politely asking if there's anything they can do to help, the jaded traveler could be forgiven for finding the staff's attitude condescending. I had complicated travel arrangements that included transborder limousine arrangements, all of which was handled with ease by the staff at the Sheraton. For that, I was truly grateful.

So why did I smile as I set the thermostat to 19? Because the room into which I had just entered was the most modern and luxurious Sheraton room I had ever entered. The beautiful wood floors, the large TV, the modern desk complete with multiple international outlets, the aforementioned terrace, the bed with soft yet fresh linnens and the bathroom, covered in marble with separate shower and toilet.

One of the trials of travel in Albania is the lack of luxurious accommodation. The Sheraton Tirana is the exception.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Charles R

Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that your experience with Sheraton Tirana Hotel was up to your expectation. By the end of the day this is the most important result for us, to have our guests happy and pleased with the level of service and products of the hotel. We want to thank you on behalf of the entire Sheraton Tirana associates, for your wonderful review. Our constant aim is to provide a friendly and efficient service, to make each guest experience a special one, and it is always rewarding to hear when we have reached this aim. We are delighted that you appreciated our services and had such an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon again!

Warmest regards,
The Hotel Management

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We had a fun three nights over the weekend at this hotel, partly because of the hotel, partly because it's close to the action in the "Block" precinct. Most of the time was spent by the large (but incredibly chlorinated) pool, with a handy pool / snack bar. Rooms appointed as you would expect at the Sheration, although it would been nice to have had wifi in the rooms, and the selection of English TV channels was poor (not even BBC). Service was very good all round, even down to the helpful concierge who went out of his way to find us an adaptor. Excellent gym. Breakfast was the usual suspects, but very pricey at 23 EUR per person....far too much for Tirana, even if at a five-star. But overall, would stay again for sure if in town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bennelong

Dear Guest,

Thank you for finding time posting your review. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a great weekend at Sheraton Tirana Hotel. We want to let you know that we took note for the points you are mentioning in your review, and we reduced the chloral for both swimming pool. Very soon our rooms will have the wifi in the room, while in the mean time this service is provided in Lobby, Link@ Sheraton and Club Lounge.

Once more thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you in the near future.

The Hotel Management.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I guess thid place is good in comparison to the other hotels in Tirana...no wifi in the rooms which I thought was outdated...They did try there best and the food was pretty good..Not to many options in Tirana for luxury so stick with the Sheraton!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RoseNYC11
Sheraton-Management, Manager at Sheraton Tirana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable time and appreciated our food. While high speed internet and wi-fi are provided at fee from guestrooms, Internet service is available free of charge at our Club Lounge and in Link@Sheraton at the Lobby.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon again.

The Hotel Management