“Very expensive”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been at Yamato very often, i go there only beacuse they are not many sushi restaurants here in Tirana, only 2. The food isnt fresh, the rice is normal rice and not sticky one like it should be. And there are many ingredients that they dont serve even drinks and even food. I have been in many european sushi restaurants and ive eaten fresher food, more quantity and less expensive. !!

1  Thank Dea D

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The sushi was not what I was expecting, It is made with normal rice (not sticky one), so the sushi exploted when I was taking it. :(

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Me and my boyfriend had dinner at Yamato on August 2012. The restaurant was empty, but we arrived early at 17:30.

The soups we ordered were good, but we visited the restaurant to eat sushi. That's why we ordered two plates of mixed sushi. One plate costs 2100 lek.

Two plates was enough for us, but the quality of the sushi wasn't good. The pieces of fish were very small and weren't tasting fresh. I was amazed that the 'super sushi mix' did not contain any sushi with tuna as ingredient.

We paid around 45 euro for two soups, four coca cola and two sushi plates. For this amount of money we can order better and more sushi in The Netherlands. Concluding, average sushi, but very expensive according to Albanian standards.

3  Thank Kimmetje07
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I went there for the first time on a Monday night and the restaurant was almost empty. Only two tables. We started off with a miso soup which was very salty. We wanted to try some Sake and the waiter said there is no Sake and no Japanese beer!!! So why going to a Japanese restaurant when there is no Japanese drinks?? As well there was no bar so forget about getting a dirty martini before you start the dinner. There was a pricey wine list which i was not in the mood for wine so I ended up ordering some water. We had a Big plate of mixed sushi and rolls which was fair. At the end we wanted to try some teriyaki but there was nothing left on the teriyaki part. Only salmon and was served plain. Anyways we ordered some chicken curry and we had to leave since the restaurant closes at 11. The service was good but there is no way to measure it with 2 tables inside the restaurant. Overall I will not come back at that restaurant. There are many more restaurants where you can taste, get nice drinks and a nice atmosphere.

3  Thank ErionK
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great japanese cusine, nice service and atmosphere but expensive

1  Thank MKonomi