“Friendly staff, good location”
Review of Hostel Albania

Hostel Albania
Ranked #44 of 87 Specialty Lodging in Tirana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As far as hostels go, this is quite a pleasant one. I found the staff there very friendly and helpful. I was on a solo trip around the Balkans when I visited the hostel. I went for the dorm accommodation in the hostel, which cost me 10€ (the standard rate for a dorm bed in the Balkans). I had the dorms for myself as it was still low season (mid-June). Breakfast is included in the price of a night. It consists of bread, cottage cheese, honey, jam, coffee and probably some other stuff I don't remember, but it will keep you going until lunch time. The hostel has a nice, big and sunny garden. Don't be afraid of the giant dog (one of the biggest I've ever seen), it's super friendly!
The dorms happen to be in the basement/cellar, which means that it is way cooler than anywhere above ground, which is good because it can get ridiculously hot in the summer in Albania. the downside of it is that there's very little daylight and it feels a bit humid. Other than that, the hostel is very centrally located, yet in a relatively quiet area of town.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in Tirana for two days on our Roadtrip and luckily found Hostel Albania which is hidden in a little alley about a 10 minute walk from the city center. The atmosphere there was perfect and we could have easily stayed there the whole day (and night, they have draft beer) but the staff (the hostel is run by an albanian girl raised in germany and her husband) had perfect tipps for sightseeing and going out. We even met one of the guys working there and one of his friends guided the whole bunch of us through the city and gave us as a brief interoduction of albanian history. Also: just around the corner there was a guarded parking for 200 lekë per day, which was perfect for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Despite being super central to everything in the city, this place is such a nice escape from the busy capital. A really relaxed feel, great for solo travellers to socialise over a beer or some Raki! The staff Lira and Martin are friendly and helpful, with plenty of information to share. The place is very easy to find with the directions. Good breakfast and cheap beer! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After an exhausting ride through Albania I ended up at the hostel I booked online. It was not easy to find, but there, it proved to be a little paradise with lovely trees, moonshine liquor, good beds and warm showers. The staff is really friendly and there's lots of places to ease around the premises.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 26, 2013

“I love this place! It is a great place to chill out. It is in a very good location. The directions to arrive at the hostel were perfect. I enjoyed talking to all the members of the staff and a special thank you to Lira and Martin! They did not seem like staff but rather friends!”

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Hostel Albania is the place where I felt as if I was at home, or at my friend's country house. It is a very pleasant place. In the house you can find everything you need: a good bed, clean bed-clothes, drawers for keeping things, toilets, showers, a large dining room, a kitchen.
Near the house there are places where you can have rest, sit around and enjoy!
But the main reason why I liked the hostel so much and why I advise it is the staff. Hostesses and hosts are very friendly, welcoming and pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my staying in Hostel Albania. Its an opposite to the hectic city. You can meet here nice people, but also easily find your calm corner to relax and read a book with draft beer in your hand.
The house is huge, rooms also, clean. In the hot summer stay cold. Garden - almost a park, i ve never seen before in any hostel. Bathrooms clean, no problems with hot water.
Tasty breakfast, equipped kitchen. Very lovely, friendly, helpful people running this place - I advice you to go for it!
Mirka (CZ)