See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2017

was on business here found the hotel to be ok, the staff helped as much as they are trained to. There was some noise at times, sounded from under the ground. Left the friendly staff a box of old survive to fight manuals, and a load of fullers earth.
Overall very different to what im used too regarding the area.The boss however is doing as much as he can to change the area, Climate may well be in for a change.
see it before its lost.

Room tip: check with the USA military for best times to travel or not
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank craigwils
Reviewed April 12, 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights during a tour (for the marathon). The hotel is a bit dated but there was nothing at all wrong with my room. It was clean, comfortable, warm (there was an electric blanket) and I would describe it as having character. There was no issue with electricity whilst I stayed. Hot water was at set times but this was fine. We were out most of the days on the tour and when we came back it was available for 2-3 hours and was very hot. There is a TV with foreign channels (Aljazzeera and another that I cannot remember the name of) .The staff at reception were friendly and the porters were great. There was a shop that sold souvenirs, a lot cheaper than other places. Breakfast was basic - the pancakes were fantastic. I would have no problem staying here again. If you want 5 star luxury this is not your hotel. But if you want a clean, comfortable room and a hotel with character then this hotel is perfect.

Room tip: Get a room with a bath
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Aussyrunner
Reviewed October 24, 2016

With all of these millenials complaining about the dear leader's six star hotel, they forget that all of the problems they experience is due to opression from imperialist states in the west.

This place has impeccable service and they will treat you very well. If you are rude to the staff, they will be rude right back to you. Remember that you are a guest in dear leader's country and you should behave accordingly.

I highly recommend the boiled fish or hamburger. The prices charged are very fair for the high cost of maintaining a six star hotel to the best of their abilities even with the interference of outside sources.

Please also remember that of you misbehave, you will be transferred to the Warmbier suite which is not very nice but fitting for the types of people who are assigned this room.

Be sure to tip the Karaoke guy.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
37  Thank Rayandbobo
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Stayed business and will never be staying here again. Staff were very rude and tried to get me to promote their little fat ruler with the dodgy haircut Kim Jong Un, and because I refused they threatened to have me arrested!
Food was mediocre and tasteless a bit like the decor in the rooms. Prices are expensive for poor quality drinks and to top things off my bed was stained with something I found under a UV light...
Do not recommend this Hotel to anyone and is more like 2 star not 6! North Korea is a horrible country with horrible rude people and we will never be doing business there again. There are way better hotels for a cheaper price in Seoul that completely out shine this awful place.

My advice avoid at all costs.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
55  Thank Shropshire78
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

On first look it appears this hotel is very outdated. And that this hotel being 6 stars should be at the top of its game.. I can tell you its not. This hotel is is as bad has it can get. Worse than butlins or Pontings. I wouldn't even allow my pets to stay here.

You would be better off bringing a tent and setting up a mini camp site outside.

Date of stay: September 2016