“Very goog option”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sao Tome
Sao Tome Island, Sao Tome and Principe
“Very goog option”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just love the Omali Lodge has simple facilities and modern, has a very good customer service, the staff are always very attentive and polite, the rooms are spacious and very clean, has a good free internet. The restaurant offers very varied and tasty food at a good price. Good location, opposite the beach, 3 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes from the capital city by the side of the city.

I recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lydis_13
CeciliaFourie, General Manager at Omali Sao Tome, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation. It is much appreciated.

Omali Boutique Luxury Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on business.
Friendly staff collected me at the airport and took me to the hotel where a very welcome cocktail was waiting for me.
My room was clean and attended by friendly efficient staff during my stay.
Wi Fi was adequate and certainly better than I expected.
The pool is clean as are the surrounding grounds.
My overall impression was that of friendly and efficient staff doing their utmost to help whatever the request. The whole hotel had a relaxing atmoshere with none of the "wariness" sometimes found in other African countries.
I will certainly stay at this hotel again and would recomend it .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank WearyPaul
Dear guest

We endeavor to give the warmest welcome in Africa. Thank you for acknowledging all efforts to make your stay comfortable and to provide committed service. We hope to welcome you back at the Omali.

Poliamba, New Ireland, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Omali Lodge several times and every time it has been a pleasure. The staff are great, very friendly and helpful and the food is the best in Sao Tome! It was an oasis of calm and tranquility, but great fun round the bar. It is the only place I will stay in Sao Tome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Katie T
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent 10 days at the Lodge on a business trip and found this hotel perfect for my needs. It was very close to the airport and to a professional diving center. From the pick up at the airport to arrival at the hotel I already felt very welcomed and knew I would enjoy my stay. The hotel assisted in procuring trusted drivers and obtaining needed contact information. Nice place all around!

Room Tip: I chose the most economical room but the pool side rooms would be my next choice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phillip S
CeciliaFourie, General Manager at Omali Sao Tome, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Omali. On an island where services and recourse are limited, we pride ourselves in going the extra mile to take potential frustrations out of a business day. It is good to know that you had the opportunity to explore the island and experience some of the great activities on offer.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in one of our Family Suites by the pool side.

Yekaterinburg, Russia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I lived in the Omali Lodge from 15 to 22 February 2013. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport of Sao Tome, on the ocean. Between the hotel and the beach - the road, the distance frjm the hotel to the brach - 20 meters. The beach is sandy, the water is very warm, a lot of the locals swimming. Impossible to take any valuables to the beach!
The hotel is not big and located around the pool. The pool is nice, the waterfall, the water is warm, plenty of sun loungers. Plenty of greenery and flowers, staff carefully care for the area. We lived in a Junior Suite, rooms are good, all the devices work, but the rooms looked a bit old. The main drawback - no safe box in the room.
Breakfast is poor and the same every day, the hotel restaurant of good quality, tasty dinners, but they do not know how to make cocktails.
Staff friendly and try to help where possible. I want to say many thanks to Ms. Charle Bornman, she is very friendly and helpful, I think that she supports the quality of service in the hotel successfully.
So, I can surely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Junior suites are very spacious
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MikhailYekaterinburg
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Omali and the positive comments that you have given. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay. Training our staff to be attentive and friendly is important to ensure a wonderful guest experience.
We certainly appreciate your positive criticism, with these comments we can evaluate what needs to be added and changed or training that we need to give. I am happy to report we do have safety boxes in all our rooms. We were waiting for the new shipment from South Africa, which was delayed for a few months. The breakfast buffet has been changed. It is still relatively small, but very tasty. We offer a breakfast menu for those individuals whom would like a bigger breakfast.
We are busy with a service training program and cocktail training is high on the priority list. A wonderful cocktail on a tropical island is a must, my sincere apologies for failing to deliver on this important aspect.
Ms. Charle Bornman is very dedicated. Thank you for recognizing her commitment to quality service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay here whenever I come to Sao Tome. I generally come for work but I have also brought my family here and found it to be great for both scenarios. The rooms feel less like hotel rooms and more like small suites. The open-air aspect of the hotel is wonderful and makes for a quiet stay. The staff mostly speak English, which is a rarity in Sao Tome and nice after working all day with translators, and are super friendly and helpful. The restaurant is the best thing about the hotel. I know that if I am tired from a long day's work that at least I can get a good, quick meal at the restaurant. The bar is set up in a cozy way, making for a great place to read your book, use their wifi, or chat with folks hanging out there. The staff is very helpful when you want to plan tourist activities as well. They set me up with a Sao Tomean tour guide who spoke French and some English and he gave me a great tour of the south part of the island. My only complaints are small: often the wifi in the rooms is not working and the breakfast buffet is mediocre. The wifi is admittedly a challenge for everyone in Sao Tome and the breakfast could be greatly improved with the addition of an omelet bar. Some complain about the far out location of the hotel but I find the staff can get you a taxi that will escort you wherever you want to go for a reasonable cost so the distance doesn't bother me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jmapcv
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Omali. Thank you for honoring us by staying here every time you visit the island. We like to think of the Omali as your home away from home, especially to our return business guests.
Regarding the wifi, it is a bit of an on-going battle, I hope that the fibre optic cable has improved the quality of the wifi. It is still not perfect, but we shall continue to improve the service.
We have changed the breakfast buffet and included quiche as an egg option on the buffet. To ensure a cook quality hot breakfast we choose to stick to a breakfast menu with options, which one can order from the kitchen.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back, should you have any special requirements that need to be taken care of, please do not hesitate to contact us before, during or after your stay.

Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We just returned from three nights at the Omali. The grounds and pool area are beautifully landscaped and the rooms are nicely posititioned around the garden and are comfortable, cool and nicely decorated. This hotel feels both simple and luxurious at the same time. The staff was very friendly and attentive. And the location is ideal for exploring the island. We highly recommend this hotel. The tennis court is actually in better condition than it initially appears. Not all the staff speaks excellent English, but there is aways someone available who does.

Room Tip: The larger suites are excellent for families.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nina R
CeciliaFourie, General Manager at Omali Sao Tome, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give an informative review of The Omali. We are glad to know that your experience was so positive. We shall continue to train our staff to be attentive and welcoming. It is our aim to assist our clients in a language of preference. This can be a bit challenging at times, but we certainly endeavor to assist in this important part of hospitality. We have some projects planned for our facilities during 2013 and the tennis court is on the list. We trust we shall welcome you back in the near future.
Omali Lodge Luxury Hotel
#1 of 18 in Sao Tome
Roca Belo Monte Hotel
Roca Belo Monte Hotel
#1 of 6 in Santo Antonio

Been to Omali Sao Tome? Share your experiences!