This five star hotel is located in an elegant Spanish colonial building dated to the 18th century in the heart of the capital, just in front of the Cathedral.
As some other reviewers have already said, though the building is unique (and the common areas have been beautifully designed), there are some major problems that should be solved a.s.a.p.
* The wi-fi connection: Extremely slow. Locals usually gather at the square in front of the hotel and make use of the free connection. How do they get the password?
* Staff: The people working at the main desk are extremely helpful, but those working at the restaurant (and those in charge of house-keeping) seem to be bored at all times. The second day of my stay at the hotel, two trays full of food were piled for more than ten hours in one of the stairs, and nobody seemed to be bothered enough to clean that mess.
* Lack of maintenance: The paint of one of the walls at the restaurant has chipped off, and my bathroom had several stains of the wall. It is just a shame that such a beautiful building isn't getting any maintenance at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smooth, subtle, urbane… Sofitel Malabo President Palaceemanates a sense of tranquility that seems to be gleanedfrom the cloisters once framed by its walls. Breezypass ageways and a courtyard garden, but also the latesttechnology and superlative responsiveness to your everyneed. Work, relax, and relish the international atmosphere ingrowing capital of Equatorial Guinea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Accorhotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sofitel Malabo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.