WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Malabo
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Sofitel Sipopo is a little paradise in the middle of Equatorial Guinea. Beautiful surroundings, stunning and comfortable bedrooms, impeccable service and delicious food which makes you feel like you could be in the centre of Paris. All topped with the best service ever- thank you for making my trip so enjoyable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Anouska H
Thank you very much for your nice comment on Tripadvisor and for taking the time to write it. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon in Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf.

Sylvain Chauvet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bealeton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been traveling for work through Africa since 2002 and this hotel is by far the BEST I have ever stayed at in Africa. My only issue is that it is rather isolated if you wanted to get out to town. I don't think I've ever seen a taxi at the hotel - although there is a good police presence with a station less than 1/2 mile down the street and several substations closer.

1. Rooms are spacious with a refrigerator (small) and nice flat screen TV (only English stations are news - they could improve on that).

2. Bathroom is big, some rooms only have a shower and some have a bathtub that is huge.

3. Breakfast was included and offered a very wide variety of foods to include fruit and lots of bread and the usual breakfast food (eggs & omelets to order)

4. Staff is attentive to your needs - although I have seen the manager walk within 10-15 feet look at me and not say a word on several occasions (at least 2x daily during a 1 week stay) which I thought was rather odd since he addressed almost everyone.

5. There is a large golf course in the front of the hotel and the back offers a nice ocean view with a small island you can walk out to via a small bridge - look over the side as you walk and you will see many different types of small fish. Also there are lots of shells on the beach too...

6. A/C is VERY good as are the hot water and electricity.

7. Internet is good too but it is wired, only wireless in the lobby.

8. Room service is reasonable and quick - with food arriving at your room usually in less than 20 minutes.

9. They also have three .5L bottles in the room of water for you to drink - I brush my teeth with the hot tap water and have no issues but I wouldn't drink the water - only bottled.

10. The island behind the hotel has lots of potential for scuba diving if you are interested but you should bring your own gear (snorkel & mask). There were several people spearfishing while we were there.

Would I return - YES, it really is a comfortable stay here your only concern would be transportation around the island. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: I would go for the ocean view if you can afford it - I really enjoy the HUGE bathtub. Don't forg...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Mr Jay,

Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Sofitel and we will make sure your next stay will be even better.
I take note on your 4th point. I am personnaly back today to Malabo from my annual leaves and I would ask you to send me an email just before your next stay. I will personnally welcome you and make your stay to be "Life is Magnifique".
Thank you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Location is conveninet, especially for attending a conference. Rooms are convenient, but not top notch. Food is of very high standard. Beautiful golf course, but very average fitness facilities. Service is good, but defiitely room for improvement. Wifi is a problem and only free access in the lounge. Overall a good place to stay, but rater overpriced.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Michiel,

Thank you for your comment that are always positive to us. As you said even if the service is very good, there is always place for improvment ad we are working on it daily.
I hope we will welcome you again soon in our hotel. I will organize something for you to get Wifi in your room.
Thank you again.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels (including the Sofitel brands) in different countries and the Sofitel Malabo Sipopo now ranks as one of my many favourities. The hotel was clean, the staff very very friendly and the food was fantastic. I wasnt quite sure what to expect on this very first trip to Malabo and the Sofitel Sipopo was indeed a surprise. You will have to visit to appreciate its warm hospitality amid lush greenery, lovely beach and the view of Mount Cameroon from my room. Absolutely breathtaking. The only fault i have was that there was no network coverage on my phone throughout (which is somewhat annoying when you're on a business trip!) and getting a taxi from the hotel (Sipopo) into Malabo was a nightmare! Apparently taxis are not allowed into Sipopo!! Overall, a top class hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the ocean view! The view is simply amazing.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your comment. On weekly basis, we share all comments on tripadivsor with our ambassadors (in Sofitel we name ambassadors all our employees) and I guess they will be delighted with your comment.

Hoping to welcome you again soon in our hotel.

Best regards

Istres, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

While on Malabo, hosted in my company's own residential compound, I didn't stay at the hotel, but went on a Sunday to have lunch at Sofitel Sipopo. Excellent experience : very good food, good service all that for 30'000 FCFA (~ USD60) plus the drinks. The price gives also access to the swimming-pool and the private beach.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment. As you have seen, our brunch is very popular with over 150 people every Sunday. I hope next time you come to Malabo your company will accomodate you in Sofitel Sipopo.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

What made my entire visit pleasant was the excellent staff and the excellent service. The hospitality of everyone working at the Sofitel by far, amazing. While i do not speak Spanish, and although my broken french made everyone laugh, the entire staff made me feel rather comfortable and at home. I shall definitely go again and stay at this hotel. If you want a great meal, i suggest you get the Burger, Fries and of course the coleslaw. One of the best i've had in ages. The sunday brunch, wow!!! the desserts will knock you out. Overall, this was an excellent experience, and I suggest anyone visiting Malabo to stay at the Sofitel Sipopo!! - Aly R.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much Aly for your comment on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a Magnifique experience in our hotel. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great service and staff. An incredibly clean and luxurious hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sipopo, Directeur général at Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you very much Harry for your nice comment and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Sylvain Chauvet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malabo
Sofitel Malabo
#6 of 13 in Malabo
Grand Hotel Djibloho
Grand Hotel Djibloho
#1 of 1 in Djibloho

Been to Sofitel Malabo Sipopo Le Golf? Share your experiences!