“A real slum not a hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel International Karthala
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Moroni
Helsinki, Finland
“A real slum not a hotel”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I made a lot of countries but I have never seen a hotel as ugly as this hotel.The staff do not speak English and has no reception welcoming especially girls, do not speak the languages ​​and upset customers asking them to services and money.
I suggest you avoid this hotel, it is far from the city, fares are expensive and most rooms are very small .A whenever there are cuts Electricity and twice I have not taken my Baith. Friends ,I advice you never book with this hotel: lack of professionalism and you tax everything even water.

No internet connection, the pool very dirty and especially no security, both blocks that make up the hotel buildings are worthy of 80 years, the restaurant is located above the rooms so imagine the noise. run away et don't come around

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
14 Thank mark s

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I figured that if the hotel was so new a year ago, when reading these reviews, that there was a good chance it would still be in good shape.

I was wrong!

It looked like a 30 year old buidling and wouldn't have believed it was new - rust, huge areas of chipping paint. The pool had dark gray murky water in yet. The room was ugly and basic, though they did try to give it soe charm by dropping dried flower petals everywhere. The breakfast was basic.

You'd think the hotel would take advantage of the position and have great views from the rooms. Nope - they all faced the inner courtyard!! (There was a second building that would have offered slight views, but seemed to be closed/abandoned.)

Worst of all, we got there late and were told we had to pay in cash. A 3 star hotel, cash only? We had none, and since it was an overcharged taxi ride up to the hotel, we were given the option to be charged 15€ to ride back down and get some cash. Basically we felt kidnapped.

Don't get me wrong, I like roughing, but if I rough it, I expect the prices accordingly. We switched hotels the next morning to the Jardin de la Paix (listed under Bed & Breakfast, so don't forget to check the "other list" not just the Hotels). It was much smaller, but newer and at one-third the price, we were happy (though we felt even more ripped off by Karthala.)

Stay away from this place!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles

11 Thank salkin

Been to Hotel International Karthala? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel International Karthala

Property: Hotel International Karthala
Address: Moroni, Grande Comore, Comoros
Location: Comoros > Grande Comore > Moroni
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Moroni
The Karthala International Hotel is located in a small area near Mvouni with calm and soft surroundings and close to many historical sites and tourist attractions with restaurants and swimming pool on the heights of Moroni . You can stay at the Karthala for few days or more for business trips and tourism.The hotel is clean, quiet and served by a caring, dedicated staff. The helpful, friendly staff at the Karthala deserves a three star rating. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel International Karthala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.