“Decent for the price”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
Dallas, Texas
“Decent for the price”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

The staff was quite nice - very friendly. The pool area as advertised is under repair - no problem we weren't staying long. The room isn't fancy but is adequate for a quick stay. The beds were nice and clean. No complaints with the cleanliness. Just not a fancy stay. Still worth it for the price!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My wife and i had stayed at the fairfield Inn prior and were pleased with our stay. This stay was the better of the two and i would deem it as very good stay. The employees were very courteous and took care of our needs. The room was clean and the continential breakfast was very good. Iwould give the Ashland Farfield kudos and would not hesitate to stay again Al Benoit San Antonio Tx

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
central Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My family & I just returned from a wonderful weekend in Ashland, KY
for a wedding and social activities. We were VERY pleased with the
excellent service the good folks there provided to ALL our group.
Every request was immediately served. Our rooms were quite comfortable.
Beds were wonderful even down to the crib provided for our little one.
The bountiful free breakfast buffet made it possible for all of our group
to start their day at the hour of their choice. The kids & teens loved their
indoor pool. This is a NON smoking facility which suits us. Reasonable rates.
They had a full house for the Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Alexandria, MN
Reviewed December 30, 2008

It was during a drive from DC to MN that I decided to get off the road in Ashland and chose the Fairfield. I had a terrible night sleep as there is a lot of noise from traffic and I could hear every door that opened and closed in the hall. In the morning, I wasn't able to have any breakfast as the area is small and it was a mob scene. I was able to make it to the coffee carafe and it was empty.

The hotel feels like a cheap motel that was upgraded with better linens and a nice shower curtain. It is my last Fairfield stay.

• Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Camden, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My three children and I were traveling to Illinois, and decided to stop at the Fairfield in Ashland because it was half-way to my destination and it boasted an indoor pool. I knew that my kids would enjoy the pool after sitting for 8 hours in the car, and because it was an indoor pool we didn't have to worry about the weather causing any disappointments.

I should have known that things are never easy...

We arrived at the hotel around 8 p.m. and entered to a nice open lobby and a family that appeared to be having dinner together in the breakfast area. No problems with this! Everything a-ok so far.

We checked in, not exactly the "friendly" service that I am used to at a Fairfield; but adequate. I attributed it to the fact that we were there so late.

The trouble began when we went down to the pool. The kids were so excited to be able to swim, so imagine their faces when they went down to the pool and it was "out of order." I was livid because the woman who checked us in neglected to tell me this fact, nor was it on the website when I made the reservation. Apparently the pool had been out of order for awhile, and had no hopes of reopening any time soon.

First disappointment.

The accomodations were adequate and the beds comfy, but we heard our upstairs neighbors walking around until late in the night and it became difficult to sleep. Squeaky floorboards!

Second disappointment

Breakfast the next morning was crowded, which can be expected on a Sunday, however the hostess could not keep up with the amount of food that was going out. Several of the breakfast items needed to be replenished, and the hostess was nowhere to be found. My kids were upset when they couldn't choose a cereal to eat, and there were no muffins or fruit left.

Third disappointment.

I made sure that we were all checked out and was surprised to see the same woman who checked us in; there to check us out! Did she even go home??

This Fairfield was definitely not worth the money or your time, to visit. Stay down the road at the Hampton Inn (which I believe also has an indoor pool) or the Holiday Inn Express (not sure if this pool is indoor or outdoor).

• Liked — My son loved the waffles!
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lizardnc
Missouri
Reviewed June 27, 2008

People who have written about train noise in Ashland are staying at the wrong interstate exit. The one to the west doesn't have the trains, and we had no noise, even though we did face the road. Warm welcome, pleasant, if relatively simple, room. Dinner farther up the road a couple of miles at JJ's restaurant, which is very much country cooking, despite the very nice young Goth waiter.

The breakfast is the standard expanded continental that seems to be becoming more and more common. (Local restaurateurs must loathe this practice.) The pool was out of comission and empty, so I can't address that. Everything very clean. We'll stay again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Mt. Sterling, KY
Reviewed April 17, 2008

We stayed at the Ashland Fairfield in mid-April, having made the reservation several weeks in advance. A phone confirmation assured us that the room was reserved for us per our phone reservation made directly with the property. So far so good. Check in was easy, if not totally "friendly". The entire facility was non-smoking which pleased us greatly. The room was standard, but the comfort of the bedding and (especially) the pillows was far above average. Most importantly, the room was clean, almost spotless, and everything functioned as it should have. Breakfast was ordinary, but about what one would expect. The pool area appeared to be exceptionally well maintained. Our stay was pleasant and without incident. We would advise prospective guest to be aware of two things: 1) if you are noise sensitive, then request a room on the opposite side of the motel away from the very busy highway nearby; 2) again, if you are noise sensitive be advised that you should request a room on the third floor so that guest who have "heavy feet" won't affect your sleep (in other words sound proofing in the ceilings and to a lesser extent in the walls is wanting).
Would we stay here again? Perhaps. Would we check the two other facilities in the immediate area before making a decision? Yes.

• Liked — Comfort and convenience.
  • Disliked — Highway noise.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
Days Inn Ashland
#5 of 10 in Ashland
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ironton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland? Share your experiences!