All reviews indoor pool the mexican restaurant nice hotel not hesitate to stay here again marriott points looked clean nice gesture free breakfast room was clean waffles the breakfast area counter space nice selection biscuits hard boiled eggs young man sunday morning
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Nice clean room with a great king bed. However, the sound insulation was not good. We had kids or someone above us jumping or dancing, plus we could hear people talking in the hall, water running from other rooms, and there was some noise from the road outside. The hot breakfast was OK. I would have preferred scrambled eggs rather than hard-boiled eggs. They had cereals, waffles, breads, oatmeal, instant grits, hard-boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, nice selection of yogurts, fruit, juice, coffee and tea. Reception was friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Get the top floor away from the road and at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

My family and a friend stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament in July. The hotel is very accommodating. The rooms are nice and large and can accommodate extra family members if needed. There is a really nice indoor pool. The breakfast area is very good for seating. They have multiple types of tables and seating arrangements. The breakfast was not as good as I would have expected. There were a number of people in the hotel so the food seem to be scarfed down quite quickly and with not enough staff, was not filled for the next round of people in line to eat.

The staff is wonderful. Always pleasant and always had a smile on their faces!!

The location is a bit tricky to get get into, crossing a major highway so use caution.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2018

I am giving this a poor rating based on the pricing. I visit Ashland about every 2 to 3 months. I usually stay a a hotel closer to the highway. Unfortunately, that hotel was completely booked for the Memorial day weekend. Because I am in that area and visit family there often, I knew this hotel was close to my family so I thought I would give it a try. I called and asked for a room and they had rooms available. When I called, the woman that was assisting me was slow and kept asking me to repeat all my information. Then on the pricing I was quoted $150 plus tax for 1 night stay. I pay $100 plus tax at the other hotel. But, I went ahead and booked the room because I did not want to search for another hotel. I had also requested a room on the first floor and was told there were none available. Once I arrived at the hotel, I noticed there was only one entry and parking very hard to get in and out of. By this time a young man was behind the desk. Very friendly and helpful. He got us checked in and had put us in a room on the first floor. I was very happy with this. We got to our room. The room was clean. Bathrooms small, and the coffee maker nasty. Small TV with no guide for the channels. Conditions were good enough for a one night trip. Upon check out, I got a receipt and noticed I had been charged for internet that was supposed to be free and a occupancy tax. Shouldn't that be included in the price of the room? The total on my receipt was $172! Now I am online and looking at my bank account and see that price has increased to $190!
Horrible! I will not be staying here ever again and will be recommending to others that travel there to find another hotel. I have stayed in hotels much nicer than this for far less money in bigger cities.

Room Tip: GO to a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank waycooljr1964
Candra C, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear waycooljr1964,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring in the future.

I would love the opportunity to speak to you about your recent and stay and also fix any billing issues. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel or by e-mail.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Candra Cantere
candra.cantere@tmihospitality.com

Reviewed May 5, 2018

We were in town visiting relatives, and needed a good hotel. The Fairfield was recommended to us. The hotel is sandwiched in a small shopping strip, with their entrance a short turn off North bound Hwy 60. Easy to miss at night but our GPS got us there! We enjoyed our two night stay there, the room was very clean and pleasant, with 2 Q's as we requested. It was equipped with all the eminities the traveling public expects in a hotel at this reasonable total rate of $128. Nice beds, clean rooms, good counter space in bath, and areas for luggage. The hot/cold breakfast was good and well tended. Although the hotel was having all carpeting cleaned in all rooms, the staff was attentive to the guests needs if having to vacate their rooms when needed. Very professional in all aspects which we appreciated! Good job!

Room Tip: We requested a ground floor room or easy access, but none available. However, there is an elevator, so not an issue for us.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2018

We stayed here one night on our way home from AZ. Ryan at check in was very nice and suggested we try the Mexican Restaurant next door since we were looking for somewhere to eat within walking distance. Our room # 318 was a nice large King size room with a comfortable bed. There was no password for the internet (which signed me on automatically) and for some reason, I had trouble and couldn't use it. It wouldn't even download the maps app on my i-phone but since it was late, we just went to bed. We were to the front of the hotel and there was traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back for a quiet nights rest as the front has a busy highway.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple