“Get what you pay for.”

Knights Inn Ashland
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Since we needed a place close to Flatwoods with truck parking and allowed pets, we decided to try the Knight's Inn. Bad mistake. Hole in top of door frame, burn hole in bedding, beer bottle on outside window sill, carpet is nasty, dirty, and hadn't been vacuumed, mattress torn and falling apart, broken cover on heater/a.c. unit, beer bottle cap on bathroom floor, grounds had trash thrown about, exterior is run down. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was the only place we could find a room during this awful storm that blacked out my whole tri-state area.
The first thing we noticed when we got into the first room was the cool air and it smelled and looked very clean. The phones don't function very well as far as outgoing calls so keep your cell handy. Bed was clean n cozy, no bugs, but the shower knobs were kind of loose. Quiet area, pool although it could have been cleaner. We stayed on another occasion after that. Don't expect the Plaza hotel with this place. Not a lot of amenities, but overall a cozy place to relax and get restful sleep for people on a budget. Definitely got my $$$ worth out of the stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank mzwise1012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Ok, due to the very horrible high winds that took so many families electric out across several states,my family, our beloved dog, and I were traveling. My husband, works on automatic doors and had several calls to help restore them working. However due to so many electric companies also doing their jobs, it was next to none on hotel rooms open, let alone pet friendly and reasonable rates. We looked for 5 hours before finding the knights inn. The gentlemen at the front office was so accommodating with everything. I called him on phone to check availability,told how many people, the dog, and about time we reach hotel. Once there he was fast at checking us in and telling where room was located. First appearance was very welcoming. Room was cooled quick with the quiet ac. Beds were clean. Tv small but do able. Microwave and small refrigerator was clean and functional. Carpet not in best condition but not my house so we wore shoes. Sink was clean, it did have minor cigarette burn on side. But hey that is from poor manners of past castors that don't care. Coffee maker worked and ice bucket and cups were all sit aside and new. The toliet was actually very clean. A+ for that. Shower, well it could use some updates. shower handle was not easy to adjust temperature and the curtain could use better hangers. Overall stay was very refreshing after a VERY long hot night. Thank you again knights inn! If we are ever back in ashland kentucky....we will diffidently stay with you again. dog fee was 10.00 and taz my best friend greatly appreciated the cold air for a night.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Neededsleep5
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Okay, first of all,I appreciate the charming 70's feel. Though it says it was renovated in 2002, I don't really see it. The beds were small, doubles not queens. The carpet by the AC seemed damp, but dried out over night. The wall paper, wood work and furnishings were very dated and we were missing light bulbs.

The bathroom door had been trimmed at the bottom, indicating that water damage occures here. All was clean enough, but did not feel that way.

The staff was friendly and the stay was nastalgic.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The "new management" seems to be more apathetic than the old management. Carpet was full of ripples to the point I was tripping over it. Also, don't walk barefoot or you'll have to scrub your feet again. No water pressure, no towels, security lock broken. Extended stay rate is in week increments only, which I wasn't informed about. Adding extra nights would be at regular price, which was way too much for a place as neglected as this. I checked out. Wouldn't you think extended stay would be for one or more weeks? Front desk personnel, Caleb, was terrific and friendly. Others didn't seem interested in customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank coloraska
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Mold, Dust, Old Old Old. Front Desk Has No Respect! Dog Fee Out Of This World. People from India own this motel and they don't care as long as you pay them! Motel needs shut down!
Don't take your pet or kid there!

Room Tip: Get room in the front toward route 60
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I made phone reservations at Knights Inn a few months before Thanksgiving ... when we arrived, they didn't have my reservations and they receptionist said it was because I probably didn't click on the confirm link in my email...problem was I made the reservations OVER THE PHONE. No problem though they had rooms (not surprised by that) so when he took my name, amazingly I was in their system. The rooms were not the cleanest, but there were no bed bugs, and we just needed a place to sleep. One of the non-smoking rooms smelled like an ashtray though. Location was convenient to family so I will probably stay again because they do allow pets. Not for those who are used to luxury, that's for sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mariak1125
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
3 mi away
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland
Best Western River Cities

Been to Knights Inn Ashland? Share your experiences!