“Nice and good value”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Was very pleased with my one night there. The staff was very helpful in getting me into the type room I requested. Breakfast was O.K. Have had a lot better. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
George A, General Manager at Days Inn Ashland, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Our goal at Days Inn Ashland is to provide the best service possible to our guests. We appreciate that you took time to comment on trip advisor. Thank You and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I tried staying across the street at the Holiday Inn Express, but they were booked solid. Since I was tired and did want to drive any further I decided to stay here. While the room was clean and tidy the hotel felt like a "dive" and was univiting. Like other reviewers noted, it didn't smell fresh and clean. The front desk clerk was watching something on the computer when I arrived and it took a little while to get waited on. The price was cheaper than other places I have stayed but the whole place felt cheap. I also don't think it is professional for staff to be standing around the front door smoking. The walls must not have offset studs because I could hear the people in the next room talking as well as relieving their bladders! I needed to get some work done and the WIFI worked fine but the desk was sticky, from something sugary I hope... Other than the desk the room was clean but dated. I did have two flies that kept bugging me. I finally killed one and then the other decided to stay on the ceiling. Food and Walmart are just a half-mile away.
Overall this isn't the worst place I have ever stayed but if I am in Ashland again I will call Holiday Inn before they fill up. I know my wife would not have wanted to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ashlandgm, General Manager at Days Inn Ashland, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your response. All comments/suggestions from our guests are appreciated and taken into consideration. We value your opinion and I do apologize.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Days Inn Ashland? Share your experiences!