“JUst an overnight stay”

Days Inn Ashland
Days Inn Ashland
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Drove 13 hours straight to attend mother's funeral. The Front desk staff was great in helping provide a room after such a long drive. They checked on us several times to make sure we were okay with the room. The room was typical for hotel of the calibre. Clean, efficient and quiet. Non-Smoking meant non-smoking in the room. Not like some hotels that convert smoking rooms into non-smoking rooms just by changing the door plaque. Although like with many hotels they tend to over do it with the air fresheners. Very hard on allery sufferers. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
ashlandgm, General Manager at Days Inn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Please accept our condolences on the loss of your mother. We would like to thank you for choosing Days Inn for your lodging needs and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the positive comments in your review and hope that you will stay with us again on future travels to Ashland.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was worth the money for a one night stay we traveled with 2 adults and 2 children and infant, was moved from 2nd floor having no elevator to 1st floor which was much more convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing Days Inn for you’re lodging needs and taking the time to complete a review. I am glad we were able to accommodate your family’s needs during your short stay. We appreciate your kind review and hope you choose our hotel if you are ever in the Ashland area.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joseph Turner S

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My name is Shannon, and I from southeastern Kentucky, Booked for two nights through Hotwire but only lasted about 3 hours. A 2 star hotel??? No way. I would not even rate this property as a 1 star hotel. If there were a rating below terrible, I would've chosen it. We checked in around 6 or so, and after a very long day, we just wanted a decent night's sleep in a clean hotel. I would've rather pitched tent under a bridge somewhere than to stay a night in this place. Pulling into the parking lot, I was a little uneasy about the large number of unsavory looking men with their trucks parked in the lane of traffic and just standing in the middle of the parking lot (they were still there when we escaped this horrible place 3 hours later). Upon walking into the hotel, I was shocked by the undeniable stench of cigarette smoke and some other "weird" smell as my kids called it. The carpet on the stairs and in the hallways on both floors was stained and appeared as if it hadn't been vacuumed in forever. When we got into our first room located on the second floor, I immediately noticed the musty, dirty, weird smell and the nasty stained carpet that was littered with lint and other clumps of white things - it too did not appear to have been vacuumed in recent history. The chairs in the room were filthy and covered in stains. After lifting up the comforter, we discovered a USED Q-tip in the floor, which reinforced my suspicion that the room had not been vacuumed. I also noticed a dried brown stain on the top of the blanket - it was not an old stain that just hadn't come out in the wash because there were dried chunks of something on the blanket. The icing on the cake was the presence of a large stink bug flying around. Trying to give this place the benefit of the doubt, I asked to be moved to a different room and was moved to a room on the first floor. The front desk clerk assured me that it was much better because the same man stayed there Monday through Thursday each week and was very, very clean. WRONG!!! Although this room initially appeared somewhat clearer because it did not wreak with the foul odor, it wasn't much better than the first room. The security arm on the door was broken, which was concerning given the cluster of men loitering in the parking lot. The chairs in this room also looked like they had been a receptacle for who knows what kind of bodily fluids. After pulling back the comforter on one of the beds, I was appalled by the 17 cigarette burns in the blanket. I washed my hands after using the bathroom and couldn't believe the stains on the hand towel, which made me think that it might've been cleaner to have just dried my hands on the nasty carpet. Quite frankly, I was then too grossed out to turn down the blanket and see what lurked underneath. The final straw came when this room was also home to stink bugs. I then packed up my kids and changed to another hotel at 9:15 that night. I have never, ever been in a nastier hotel. I would also note that any time I went to the desk or out into the parking lot to take luggage to/from my vehicle, the desk clerk was standing in the doorway by the breakfast area smoking and chatting it up with a group of biker looking men. Since she was holding the door wide open, I guess this probably has something to do with all of the public areas smelling like a huge ashtray. Not only did it come across as incredibly unprofessional, it certainly begs the question of why this hotel even bothers to offer so-called "smoke-free" rooms for its guests. With all this said, I cannot imagine being brave enough to try the complimentary breakfast after the cleanliness issues in the common areas and the rooms, and I would not stay here again if they gave me a room for free. In fact, I will never, ever stay at another Days Inn anywhere after the stomach-turning experience I had at this location.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel!!!