“No Hot Water - Poor Mgmt Response”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Ashland Plaza Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
Jacksonville, FL
“No Hot Water - Poor Mgmt Response”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Saturday 5AM 12/29 woke up so could get early start heading home - no hot water after letting shower run. Called front desk and was told to let it run 5 minutes which I had done but did it again. Called back to front desk guy and asked him does he have hot water and was told yes they just put in a new boiler. Said no one else has called. Again denial any issue. Front desk clerk said let it run 25 minutes. I did to no avail and called back. Clerk said he would come open a room on my floor so could take a shower - would you believe he comes out of room saying there is no hot water - what a shock. He never tried to see if there was hot water - wasted 45 minutes clerk saying it must be either me or just my room. Never once said sorry for inconvenience - never offered anything except being rude and total no response to issue. Poor Poor customer service.

Room Tip: Room on parking lot side quieter - city side better view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki273
kppate00, General Manager at Ashland Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I truly apologize for your experience with us. We had the igniter for the boiler go out and realized it yesterday evening so we have informed all our current guests of the situation and the front desk person would not have known about it during your stay. We are rectifying the situation currently. As for the issue concerning rudeness there is no reason for that and I apologize on behalf of that staff member. If you call the hotel 606-329-0055 I will be more than happy to comp your night's stay. Please let me know if there is anything more i can do for you!

Kanan Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

While the property is definitely showing its age (I remember when it opened up in 1986-ish), the location is hard to beat, when you need to be close to downtown Ashland. It's within walking distance to a number of places, including Bob Evans and Starbucks.

My room was clean and comfortable, and while the decor was a little bit dated, the location made up for it. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and when we did run into a (very) minor problem, we received a call directly from the manager to apologize and make up for the issue.

This place has changed ownership a number of times, but the current management seems to be very interested in customer satisfaction.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has already been remodeled.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Christaann
Southern Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm giving the Plaza an excellent rating despite it lacking some amenities I enjoy; no pool, no hot tub, no microwave and no refrigerator. I am told that there are some rooms that do have the microwave/fridge conveniences and we were offered one but chose to stay where we were for closeness to family in another room.

The room we had was large, very clean, comfortable, had responsive heat/cooling controls, plenty of hot water and cozy beds (the only drawback being that their height was somewhat excessive); the staff pleasant and interested in the welfare of the guests.

A modified continental breakfast is served daily on the second floor; it is very good.

We live close by and elected to stay at the hotel two nights because the wedding reception of our son and his wife took place there. The hotel has its own beautiful white linens for hire, all the chairs and tables are in perfect condition, the carpeting is luxurious, the dance floor well-laid, the lighting terrific and most importantly, the staff was on hand to help in any and every possible way; quickly, courteously and efficiently. I have to say that we were pretty demanding guests; locked ourselves out a couple of times, needed help with incidental things, and asked for late check out. Despite that, everyone treated us with unfailing courtesy.

We booked the Honeymoon Suite for two nights for our son and his bride and received a glowing report on that room from them.

If you need a place to stay in the Ashland area or you are hunting a venue for an important event, I can say without hesitation that the Ashland Plaza is ready, willing and able to serve you.

Room Tip: I'm told that some rooms have microwaves and refrigerators - you might want to enquire about tha...
Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thepeaches44
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have to admit after reading past reviews I was scared to stay here. I always try to read the most recent one so that I can be objective. So my husband and I decided to stay here for three nights. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The staff is extremely friendly and accomodated us everyway possible. Even the room seemed new with comfortable bedding we had no problem with hot water our the heater. The TV is still a box set but we still had 75 channels with clear reception. Breakfast the next day had hot and cold options and was good. I have to say for the price we were very happy with our stay. I would encourage anyvody to give it a shot!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank km274
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

this hotel had pretty bad ratings, i almost didnt stay here,i saw was remodelded, i was pleasantly surprized at what a nice job they did, room was large comfortable,clean, staff was exellent,friendlt helpful, very convienent to everything in ashland, good price.if staying a nite or few days its worth getting off interstate to stay here

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frtliner
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Passing by Ashland on the interstate and needed rooms. All of the Hotels near our exit were full. We ventured into downtown and found The Plaza. Very happy with the rate and quality of this upscale hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I spent six nights at the Ashland Plaza....July 18 thru July 23, 2012. While the hotel is old, it was clean and comfortable. We were on the front side, ninth floor. The room was spacious and appeared to have recently new draperies, furniture and carpeting.......but, an old TV. As we were on the front side we did not hear trains. The air conditioning worked fine and we were there during a very hot time. We always had hot water and we never saw brown water. The continental breakfast had as many selections as any Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or Comfort Inn that I have stayed in and it was kept replenished. The staff was friendly and I especially commend Matt and Heather for their fine service. When we checked in, Heather voluntarily made sure we had a room with a microwave and a refrigerator because we were staying for several nights. Matt was always willing to help whenever we needed something (and it seemed he was ALWAYS on duty). We had our laptop and IPad and had NO problems connecting to WiFi. If you stay here, expect an older hotel, but for cleanliness and convenience, I recommend it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank S C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
#1 of 10 in Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland
BEST WESTERN River Cities
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ironton
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland

Been to Ashland Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!