“Much improved hotel in Ashland, ky”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Ashland Plaza Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
“Much improved hotel in Ashland, ky”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I had stayed at the Ashland plaza hotel two years ago. I must say with full confidence they have done a excellent job with their new renovations. This hotel could out-compete any franchise out there. I was pleasantly surprised with their new furniture and painted walls. Their service was extremely friendly and the room was clean and fresh-smelling. I look forward to my next visit to Ashland, ky

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
virgidsnia beach, va
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Staff fantastic, service great, restaurant wonderful and felt comfortable as if among good friends.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon before leaving for Mexico, I would recommend anyone to stay here. The Honeymoon Suite is very nice, large,clean and has a great view.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
lerco@erols.com
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Be warned that this place will not deliver (no pun intended). Was sent a package which the hotel signed for, claims it left a message but never delivered even when I was at the desk to check out. When questioned about how this could occur I was faced with a rude clerk that makes poor "judgement calls" and a manager who won't return your calls. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. One piece of advice is keep driving until you find a hotel that CAN deliver and even offers a bit of courtesy on the side. This is one which you need to pass by. Believe me you'll be grateful that you did.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank lovnmyboyz

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We ended up at the Ashland Plaza Hotel because the first three hotels we tried to book were full. A clerk at one of them recommended this place. Not sure what we did to offend her, but she must have been mad since she sent us here.
This hotel is very, very dated. I'm sure it was 'totally tubular' in '89, but now it just 'gags me with a spoon!'
We were given a non-smoking room that obviously had been a smoking room at one time (come to find out that it had been a non-smoking hotel for 3 years!), but the smell had permeated everything.
The bathroom was very small. The water pressure from the sink was explosive.
The television was 19" at best and sat low on the dresser, so you couldn't lay down on the bed and watch TV comfortably. Speaking of the TV, you can use it to get the internet. That's right! WebTV! Keyboard and everything. Just like my grandma used to use.
The comforters on both beds had stains and were immediately removed.
The upholstered club chair was well worn out.
Our room was river side; however, we were on the third floor and not high enough to see over the other buildings. That wasn't really the issue. The constant train traffic was. Yes, trains. Not exactly sure how close they were, but I think everyone of them had to whistle its way through Ashland.
The continental breakfast was no-frills and adequate. The room it was in was awkward though. Three two-seater tables. Not sure how many people come in there to eat, but no more than 6 or 8 could at a time.
No complaints regarding the staff. The clerks we interacted with were pleasant.
1800 mile trip and this was the worst nights sleep!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank GYP5Y
Lavalette, West Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I was shocked! at the conditions of room. Thank what a suite should look like that cost 395.00 a night. If you stay and use your credit card do not sign the sheet on check in. Wait and due complete check out the next day or when you check out. The hotel after you sign the receipt will run the charge onto your card then. The conditions were so poor it would take to much time to complete. Go look at your room before you except it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank badge204_5240
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Based on the reviews here I was very concerned about staying at the Ashland Plaza Hotel. I was in town for one night for an interview with a company just outside of Ashland and the reservation was booked for here by them.

I was pleasantly surprised by what I discovered. The lobby was very nice and comparable to three star chain hotels I've stayed in. Room offered a comfortable bed, good quality towels, and was clean. Stayed on the city view side of the hotel which according to the desk clerk was quieter than the river view option. Common areas seemed clean and well maintained.

Ordered room service, which arrived in a timely fashion on a serving cart draped in linens and very nicely displayed. Prices were very reasonable and the food was very good.

Staff were professional and helpful. Downtown location close to dining locations. Took advantage of the Bob Evans about a block and a half away for breakfast.

Given this experience I would be willing to stay here again. Not sure why my experience was different from so many others here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ashland
Best Western River Cities
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland
Days Inn Ashland
Days Inn Ashland
#5 of 10 in Ashland
Ramada Limited Catlettsburg/Ashland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ironton

Been to Ashland Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!