$110
$108
$65
$99
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$45
Ashland Inn(Ashland)
$50
$150
$80
Hotels.com
$141
$118
All reviewshot tubfree breakfastthree roomsbreakfast areastaff was very friendlyquiet staynice hotelroad tripdefinitely stay here againthird floorup to daterooms are cleanthree nightsindoor pooloatmealbed was comfortableparking lot
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Moving across the country, and finding nice, clean hotels that are pet friendly are challenge. We were fortunate to find this hotel. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, and the location is right off the interstate.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2017

It was okay! The check in was very smooth, and we got our room! Our room was 317 on the top floor which I highly recommend since it's more quiet up there! The beds were very comfortable and you have the option to choose between soft or firm pillows! If you are a good sleeper I would choose soft! If you are a bad sleeper I would choose firm because those who can't sleep well will sink into the soft pillows! This hotel does offer a popcorn stand daily I believe also the breakfast here is really good! A little miscommunication on the whole spa tub thing so those who want a hotel with a spa tub you won't find one here! Also I recommend going to the indoor pool at night because that is when it's heated! The lobby of the hotel isn't very big so I thing they could expand it a little more for those who like to come down and read! But other than that I enjoyed my stay and if your in the area I recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are better because they are more quiet
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2017

First off, Brian at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The issues were not his doing. Bathrooms being clean are a pet peeve of mine, and should be for the hotels as well. When the bathroom is not clean, it makes you wonder what else is not being cleaned. The first room had spatter around the toilet, which made me question the cleanliness. I wiped the floor with a wash cloth and it came up dirty. I called front desk and told Brian about it. Brian apologized and moved me to another room, which was dirtier than the first one. This is dirt that has accumulated over a long while, and as I said what else is not being cleaned?

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Hello Brian B,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our front desk staff helpful and I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness of the bathroom in the room assigned to you that negatively affected your stay. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We stop here on our way to Virginia Beach from Illinois. This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are very nice and spacious and the staff has been wonderful at both of our stays. We do not do the free breakfast as we don't care to eat in the morning. This said the breakfast looked very good and smelled wonderful. Our only problem resulted when a faulty fire alarm woke everyone up around midnight and sent everyone to the parking lot. The fire department came and determined it was a false alarm. This could happen anywhere. Other then Han that slight annoyance we had a very nice stay. We highly recommend this hotel and since we will be returning to Virginia Beach next June we will be staying here again next year.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

We decided to change our plans last minute and used Trip Advisor to find this hotel. Since cell phone service was spotty we went to the front desk to get a room. Helen was wonderful, got us into a roomy suite right away, and helped us find the best rate we qualified for. We asked her what her favorite restaurants were in the area, and she gave us a couple of great places to try. It was a nice room, quiet stay, friendly staff (The morning desk person was nice too,she gave my daughter an extra towel and shampoo as she has very long hair), the pool was clean and had towels. We did not use the breakfast room, but it smelled amazing as we checked out! Thanks and we will return here if we find ourselves in the area again!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family