All reviews hot tub free breakfast three rooms quiet hotel breakfast area staff was very friendly road trip sausage third floor up to date rooms are clean three nights very nice stay indoor pool oatmeal bed was comfortable parking lot
Reviewed January 6, 2017

I was here on business for 2 days. I did not spend much time in the room because of work. It was crowded in the parking lot but not a problem to find a spot. Average bed and breakfast. House keeping ladies were friendly.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Dear Traci S,

Thank you for posting a feedback on your recent business stay with us. It is great to know that you have regarded our housekeeping staff friendly. However, it is disheartening to learn that you did not have a good experience due to the lack of parking and that you found our breakfast selections only at average best. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this will help us look for more ways on how to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Dianne L

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on the way out of KY. The entrance was a bit confusing since we aren't from the area but we were finally able to find it. I thought the hotel lobby & eating area were decorated very nicely! Christmas trees & decorations up, it looked very lovely! Our room was fabulous-2 beds, flat screen, fridge, Kuerig coffee machine, microwave. The shower had body jets & added that extra warmth & comfort to the shower. Breakfast was great! Too many things to list & was worth it to eat before we got on the road! Had a pretty great stay the 5hrs we were there!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2016

We had a disabled room because of a hip and knee replacement I had. The bathroom was nice and safe. But I found my bed dangerous the hard way.......When I tried to get in the strange looking bed. I could not get in it and fell on the floor on my very painful hip and knee.
I called the front desk, told them what happened and asked for an ice bag. I got a flimsy plastic bag with ice cubes in it tied at the top. No concern was shown. After a painful night,I stopped by the desk and the manager was very nice. But all she did was ask me to fill out an incident report for their sake and for mine in case "something happened later". She did seem a bit concerned but again, nothing was done except a footstool I requested.
I am still in pain and finally decided to see my dr tomorrow. We both came home,my husband exhausted from no sleep and me exhausted from pain and no sleep.
Our last vacation. Never again.

Room Tip: See and sit on beds first.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2016

Hi Marian Hartman B,

I came across your review on your stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, KY. I hope you're doing better. I am concerned to read about what happened during your visit. And that you might have been given the impression that the way your issue was handled is the way we cater to our guests' needs. Please know that it was never our intention to make you feel uncomfortable in any way. I sent you a private message to learn more about what happened.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Danelle A

Reviewed October 21, 2016

The hotel was very busy the night I checked in. Parking was a little tight - I would have like to see the side entrance more lite up. It seemed kind of dark. Hotel was ok for just passing through and spending one night.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2016

Dear Beth K,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodations, and we appreciate your business with us. However, we apologize for any inconvenience the your check-in process and the parking situations may have caused you. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued guests like you, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We have shared your comments with the hotel management and we’re confident that necessary actions will be made, in order to meet our guests' comfort and satisfaction.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we get the opportunity to show you some of the improvements on your next trip.

Grace P.

Reviewed September 29, 2016

While this hotel seems to be in the middle of nowhere (I am not real familiar with this area - it just seems that way), if you are in the area, it is a great choice. It is conveniently located just of I-64, exit #185 and not too far from the Huntington Tri-State Airport. Plenty of food choices nearby. My room was clean and had a comfortable pillow top bed. Friendly staff. Typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast was free and tasty with many hot and cold options. My room had a microwave, Keurig and small refrigerator in the room. No issues recommending this hotel.

If you found this review helpful, please drop me a helpful vote by clicking on the link below.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business