“Friendly Staff,clean rooms, good breakfast bar”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had a pleasant one night stay. Room was clean, comfortable and in a good location for my needs.
The breakfast area was very nice and was well supplied. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were a good size for the two of us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Lacy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and many of the ammenities that we offer. I will be sure to pass your kind words and fantastic review to the rest of the staff. Please do not hesitate to contact us at (606)929-1720 as we would love to personally assist you with your next reservation at our hotel! Thank you again for your great review and we look foward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were traveling from Charlottesville VA to Indianapolis IN and needed to stop for the night. Decided on the Holiday Inn Express based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We liked this hotel. Only 5 years old. Nice rooms and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Towels are good, they give you a choice of soft or firm pillows. Everything was clean, neat and tidy. Our only less than perfect for us is the HVAC system that does not have a thermostat. So it is difficult to control room temperature. We were surprised in a hotel this new that the "old"system of heating and cooling would be used.

Having said all of that we would definitely return when we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for recently staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we are also glad you were able to find us! Thank you for your feedback with us on your HVAC system and I will be sure to let the appropriate management know about your suggestion and concerns. Some of our rooms are thermostat controlled, we are in the process of switching over to this with every room we have. We value your opinion and your business here at the Holiday Inn Express. Please do not hesitate to contact us next time your in the area at (606)929-1720 as it would be our pleasure in assisting you personally with you next stay. Thank you again for staying with us and we look foward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had to stay here for work 2 weeks ago and was so impressed with the size of the rooms and the courtesy of the staff. I got in late, and everything was ready for me. The staff made sure to mention my Platinum status. The breakfast was very good, and great selection. Awesome place!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Lacy S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you so much for you recent review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY. We value your feedback, especially as a preferred Platinum member, and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your brand loyalty with us and look foward to seeing you again! I will be sure to pass your great review on to the rest of the staff so they can see what a great job they are doing. Please call me at (606)929-1720 as I would love to personally assist you with your reservation the next time you are in town! Thank you so much and we look foward to seeing you and yours again here at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at this property as part of our church council event. It was awesome. The rooms are HUGE!! The entire facility is well kept, clean with polite staff. All our needs were met, from the first day we checked in. If you are planning a business or social event in Ashland, this is the place to stay. We were given a great discount for our group!! Our suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa was less than 100 a night!!! We had friends who had reserved rooms at Ashland Plaza and Days Inn....we old them about our suite and they changed reservation to Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast was also wonderful...scrambled eggs and boiled eggs, sausage links, toast and biscuits, sausage gravy, hot and cold cereal, fruit, danish and muffins, pancake maker, juice, milk, yogurt.....get the picture??? They even had trays so we could take the food back to our room if desired, but the dining room was large with more than enough room. There is a huge flat screen Tv and fireplace in the dining area. The is a great pool and fitness room. There is a laundry area for guests to use. Emile checked us in and we were given a :goodie bag" because we are reward members. Emile was knowledgable and efficient. She greeted us with a nice smile and made sure we knew that the staff was there to make our stay a great one. What else? Oh, the location is great...right off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping areas. The area was safe and there was plenty of parking. We are having a great stay!! We had room 213....the window is just above the lobby with a view of the front of the facility. I would definately stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Room 213 open to the front of the building, I enjoy looking out the huge window. Quiet and secure.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Lacy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY. I am so excited to here what a wonderful time you had while your group was here visiting with us! We value your opinion and I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the staff as I am sure they will be proud to see what a phenomenal job they have been doing! We enjoyed having your group in our area and truelly enjoyed having you all stay with us as well! Please do not hesitate to contact me, Lacy Stevens Director of Operations, at (606)929-1720 as I would love to personally assis tyou in any future reservations you may need. We hope to see you again soon and thanks again from all of us at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this Holiday Inn Express. I thought it would have the bare minimum, but it was loaded with nice "extras". From Bath & Body Works bathroom items to a refrigerator and a microwave, this was an excellent value.

The only complaint we had was not really the hotels fault. There were so many people staying at the hotel that we were unable to get in the pool safely. There was a girls' softball team and entourage that was there the second night, and apparently no one taught them how to use a towel! The poor hotel workers would get the hallway floor (tiled) dry, and then it would be soaking wet a few minutes later. There should be rules about large groups staying and having a certain pool time. Or allow adult swim every so often. I have no idea how you could get people to use towels...that's just unsupervised kids who don't care.

I would also suggest that when the hotel is this full, another worker is called in to work for breakfast. I was unable to eat any of the pancakes either morning because it was not working right or the poor woman was so overworked by all the kids in the room. We took our breakfast back to our room to eat because of the unruly children.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor, especially near the pool. There were children running up and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank purplechef85

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY. I am pleased to here, even with the chaos of the large group, you were able to enjoy your stay. I will pass along your suggestions to upper mananagement, as we do strive to make every stay a 5 star experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me, Lacy Stevens Director of Operations, as I would love personally assist you with your next stay at our hotel when you are in Ashland, KY again. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the rest of the staff, especially Emile and the breakfast bar staff. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look foward to seeing you again in the future. From all of us at the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland, KY

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I use this hotel when visiting family and have always found it to be clean, comfortable, and the staff are friendly. I don't hear noise from the walls or hallway. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay, or even several days. It is located near the interstate and not too far from the city center. The hotel is not actually positioned directly on the road, but from a short access road. The breakfast are adequate but I have to admit that the coffee is not the best.

Room Tip: I choose the upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank swissnut58
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is generally nice and clean and conveniently off the highway but my one complaint is that the bedding feels old. The sheets have piles which are pretty rough feeling and the mattresses aren't new like other holiday inn's I've stayed in. Decent bedding is something I've grown accustomed to at HI expresses and is the reason I pay extra compared to other options, so I'd probably try another place when back in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Pflax823,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations in terms of quality of our bedding. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We appreciate your candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn Ashland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ironton
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Grayson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ashland? Share your experiences!