“Interesting and Informative Local Museum”

Highlands Museum and Discovery Center
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Ashland
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My mom and I both enjoyed this museum and thought the cost to get in was very reasonable, $5 per person. It had a lot of information on the local country artists from Eastern KY. They also have a new section on space exploration that was well done. The basement area had a number of hands on displays for children. We spent a little over a hour in the museum and enjoyed our time. Great place to check out if you are in the area.

1  Thank jmnteddyLakeCity_FL

Reviewed November 6, 2014

Went on the annual dinner and walking tour of the Ashland Cemetary and found it to be interesting and informative. The tour guide, Jim Epling, was full of knowledge of the locals who were a great part of the history of Ashland, Ky. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to know who lived here and what has happened in our past!

Reviewed October 4, 2014

The museum is located in what used to be the big department store in Ashland, where my husband grew up, so there is lots of exhibit space and it is very well done. There is a small gift shop inside the museum. My favorite exhibits were the ones showing the history of Highway 23 and country music.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Discovered this hidden gem while looking for something to do after lunch with a friend while in Ashland. Good thing we visited on the day it was open till 4 because we barely had enough time to finish going through it. I enjoyed all of the exhibits from the one on toys to the swimsuit exhibit and all in between. The medical exhibit was particularly interesting to me since I worked in health care. If you like country music, this exhibit is one that you will not want to miss. Since there were no children in our party, the interactive exhibits were not checked out, but there were children there seeming to have a very nice time. Good museum and admission very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Jean K