“Locally owned, upscale casual eatery”
Review of Chimney Corner Cafe - CLOSED

Chimney Corner Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ashland, Kentucky
“Locally owned, upscale casual eatery”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Chimney Corner is locally owned and it is a great alternative to some of the chain restaurants in town in terms of both quality and value. My husband and I eat here all the time. The wine list is fairly good and so is the beer section. I love the paella and the Bistro Parmesan pesto chicken. The crab cakes are a favorite too. Watch for Chef Paul's seasonal creations, as well as the burger and Prime Rib specials. The restaurant never seems to be too busy to get a table relatively quickly even during downtown events but the staff does sometimes leave a little to be desired... We love the outdoor seating during the spring and fall as well as the bar for a before or after dinner drink. (We live close by). The location is great, just a block from the park for an after dinner stroll and just a block from the main street making it an excellent place to dine during festivals and other downtown events.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mudfoot4

“worth the wait?”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My group arrived at 4 PM, early enough to beat the dinner rush, even on a Tuesday. We waited for almost an hour for drinks and the only people to receive refills were the coffee drinkers. It was another 45 minutes for the food. I had a huge BBQ bacon cheeseburger and baked potato that were absolutely delicious, I must say. It did only take another 15 minutes to get our dessert. I paid with cash, unthinkable in this day and age I know, and the staff must have had to "Google" the exchange rate because it took another 20 minutes to get change. Now at least I can say I've been there and it's a shame to say I probably won't go back.

• Visited March 2014
Huntington, West Virginia
“The prime is good and a great buy (if it is on special)”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My food was good, but my wife's food was just...ok. The food cost is about $6.00 a person more than an olive garden. The french fries were great as a side order, but they will cost you 4.00.The overall atmosephere is good.but the tv's should go. my wife chicken was tasteless and felt like it was cooked the day before.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dave W
Jacksonville, FL
“Great Food - Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were in a group of 18 on a friday night 12/27 and the service was amazing as was the food. Chef Paul creates dishes not just cooks them. Each one was a work of art and so so tasty. Even though the place was busy it was not loud so conversation flowed. The lady who had our group was very professional and did an outstanding job. From the prime rib to the pasta dishes the food was wonderful.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Vicki273
Ashland, Kentucky
“The Finest Dining in Ashland!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

There isn't anything I didn't like at The Chimney Corner. Chef Paul prepares the finest appetizers, entrees, and desserts available in the Ashland, Kentucky area. I heartily recommend the steaks and prime rib!

My wife and I (and other friends) make The Chimney Corner our evening of choice whenever we have a special day or show tickets at the Paramount Theater. Strongly suggest you call for reservations, but occasionally we have just "shown up" and were welcomed and seated.

The new bar slightly altered the atmosphere, but I can't say it was not welcome. Drinks from the bar are professionally made, and when you don't want a complete dining experience, they welcome bar customers who are happy with a gourmet hamburger! Music from various local individuals and groups are performing at various times during the week.

Needless to say, the restaurant is spotless! The outdoor area is well protected, decorated, and a welcome change weather-permitting.

When we ran a local B&B, we always referred guests to The Chimney Corner. On every occasion where guests took our advice, they came back with rave reviews. This is the only restaurant in a twenty-mile radius with this quality, attention to detail, friendliness, and food quality. Don't miss the Chimney Corner the next time you visit Ashland, Kentucky.

Visited October 2013