“First Class Italian”

Bella Fonte Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 95 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Bella Fonte Italian Restaurant in Ashland, Kentucky is an upscale, full-service restaurant featuring the finest in Italian cuisine. I found the servers to be exceptionally efficient, friendly, and helpful with the menu. They always seem to remember us from time to time and know our preferences. I find this to be exceptionally endearing. The only drawback I have encountered is their lack of a bartender and how to make the most common alcoholic beverages, i.e., martinis. Occasionally, if there is a show at the Paramount Theater, the service can be understandably slow. The steaks, seafood, and pasta dishes are excellent, tastefully presented, and prepared to order. The combination steaks and seafood dishes are delicious. I had a marvelous shrimp scampi last visit. Servings are large; we generally have to bring some home for lunch the next day. That's like two meals for the price of one. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to locals or visitors to the area. Belle Fonte is a first class place, second only to Chimney Corner.

There are newer reviews for Bella Fonte Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We frequent this restaurant because the menu is so extensive. The food is high quality, a good value served in large portions and with complimentary bread. Tthe staff is attentive and friendly. Wine and beer list is fair. It's a great place for families and for cozy weeknight dinners. I've taken my very family here when they visit because of the giant menu. Everyone, including my vegetarian sister, can always seem to find something they like. It's close to downtown and I've never had to wait for a table.

2  Thank Mudfoot4
Reviewed April 14, 2014

At the advise of a friend we decided to give this place a try!

Very nice atmosphere, clean, super friendly servers!

We both started with the garden salads. Joe had the Veal Parmesan of which he thoroughly enjoyed and I enjoyed the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo! We had an order of the Italian Cheese Bread which had a great flavor, the fresh mozzarella and zesty tomato dipping sauce was really good; didn't leave any on the plate! Reasonable in price and quick service!

1  Thank Joe_Denise
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A wonderful selection of italian items fills the menu. Be prepared, the servings are huge! I always have enough left over for another meal the next day. Prices are very reasonable, especially if you consider that you are getting two meals for that price.
Staff is very friendly but slow. Don't be in hurry when you are here.
This is my favorite italian place.

1  Thank badabing9504
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Bella Fonte needs more expertise in mixing common drinks! Service can be slow, but food is good. A bit crowded and noisy at times.