“Nice selection, lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #7 of 95 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice selection, lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I didn't have any high expectations for Cheddar's, probably because it is a chain, but I actually had not been to one before. They had a very nice selection of lunch specials and the salads are a piece of art!! We sat in the bar area and had surprisingly attentive staff.

Visited July 2013

Florida
“Great food and a fabulous price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

At first look, Cheddars appears to be a fancy restaurant. Dimly lit, nooks and alcoves, even a fully stocked bar. But, the prices are what makes it unique. The food is good, with an interesting and eclectic menu. The service is fast, the food hot. All at a reasonable price.

• Visited July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Second Best In Ashland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Cheddar's seems like it would be a high brow wine and dine experience but in reality it's a sit down and relax sort of place. The food isn't too bad, but it's nothing special. DO NOT order the honey Dijon chicken (or anything with a sauce on it really) because they drown the meat in the sauce. However, almost anything else I've ever tried is quite good. My biggest problem with Cheddar's is that they are pretty pricey for what you're getting. Also, the servers tend to ignore you and forget basic things like refills, straws, etc. Overall, not a bad place to eat, but definitely not an awesome one, either.

• Visited May 2013
South Florida, Florida
“Variety, Value & Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

There's something on the Cheddar's menu for everyone. They have a wide selection of appetizers and they're all very good. I often get an app for my meal. Order onion rings only if you have folks to help you eat them. They also have many entrees with a great variety. Among my favorites would be the chicken penne pasta salad and the chicken pot pie. The salads are good and so are the soups. They serve croissants with some items and these are quite tasty. All of the menu items are value priced. This is a place you can take the family and not break the bank.

Visited June 2013
“By far the worst Cheddars I have ever been to!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We were excited when we moved here and saw that there was a Cheddars here! Needless to say, we were excited for no reason. The staff is always overworked and can get testy. The food is often not hot, and twice my side item has even still been frozen in the center. The first time we went, the total wait for all our food was almost an hour and a half!! The next time was over 45 minutes. We went again with a frequent patrin ifvthe restaurant that everyone knew and asked to be seated at the table of a server we knew, and we were told absolutely not. I don't see how this place does the buisiness it does! Not very many choices here in Ashland, I guess.

• Visited August 2012