“First class!”
Review of Fare Suisse Tahiti

Fare Suisse Tahiti
Ranked #1 of 7 Papeete B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Fare Suisse provided me with a very comfortable bed with imaculate linen for two nights at each end of my business trip to Tahiti. The room was exactly what I required. I was especially grateful for the modern efficient shower which felt so good after a long flight. Anytime I have to visit Papeete again I shall be planning on Beni's hospitality.
Bob Evans

Room Tip: I stayed in the room Maupiti. Perfectly quiet and private.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MrMilligan

Reviewed July 10, 2012

As I sit in my office staring at the world blurring by, I can't help but think about getting away to Tahiti again, partly due to the ease of staying at Fare Suisse. Fare Suisse is amazing and Beni's the best! I visited Tahiti last year and stayed at Fare Suisse for the beginning and end portions of my trip. (I was lucky enough to island hop to 6 islands during my trip.) Beni was very accommodating and kept in contact with me during my planning. He was gracious enough to pick me up and drop us off at the airport which made things a lot easier for my friends and me. The room was spacious and clean and the air conditioning a life saver on those warm, balmy nights. The location was ideal as we could easily walk to the city center and all the great food trucks. I would definitely love to be there soaking up the sun and chowing down on some poisson cru right now.

I'm sorry that this review is so late (visited in May last year) but the lull of summer has me reminiscing of my French Polynesian adventure and pining for the smell of tiare in the air!

Thanks again, Beni, for your hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived on an Air Tahiti Nui flight that was delayed and landed about 3 hours late around 12:30am. But Beni was still waiting for us and took us directly to the B&B.

The rooms were great! Clean and beautiful modern bathroom was a treat. A/C worked very well as well.

This place is the BEST place in Tahiti for a quick overnight after landing and then heading out to Bora Bora / Moorea / Tahaa etc.. the next day.

Beni was great and very helpful. Definately recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed at Fare Suisse twice now within the past three months, and we plan on staying there again next year. Beni is very friendly and helpful and his free shuttle service increases the value of the room. The rooms are clean and comfortable, although the bathrooms lack a few minor features such as an electrical outlet or makeup light.
The location is very convenient for walking downtown, but take a flashlight after dark to negotiate the unlit alley (between the street and driveway).

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have more light and better views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oregon52
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We arrived on an Air Tahiti Nui flight around 10 pm. Beni was waiting for us and took us directly to the B&B. Along the way, he chatted with us and gave us a short run-down of where to find things in the downtown area. It is a quick 10 minute drive from the airport. Since it was so late, everything was closed, but Beni quickly got us settled and left us to retire. The free WiFi was great - nice to send a quick email letting family know we had arrived safely. The room was clean and great for an overnight stay. We turned on the a/c and the room cooled off quickly.
The next morning, we got up and wandered to downtown. There is a lot within a 10 minute walk. There is a grocery store about 3 minutes away. We loaded up with some supplies there. The market is an amazing experience and is also within walking distance.
If you come in on a late flight before heading out to another island, this is a terrific place to stay. We had time to explore downtown before Beni dropped us at the ferry that afternoon.
I can't say enough good things and I would definitely stay here again. We didn't have kids with us this trip, but I would not hesitate to stay here with kids - just in one of the larger rooms. Also, noticed that several websites said there were no rooms available, but when I contacted Beni directly through his website, he replied promplty and reserved us a room. Thanks for everything Beni!

Room Tip: Contact Beni directly
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bnbsmom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We arrived via Air Tahiti in Papeete around 8:30 in the evening from LA. Fare Suisse was the perfect way to spend the night prior to taking the ferry to Moorea. We had eight people so we had to take two trips. They let us know that prior to booking and it wasn't a problem. They have free Wi-Fi, clean rooms and are within walking distance of the park in downtown Papeete. Their breakfast was very good and just a small up charge over the hotel room. They took us to the Moorea Ferry the next day around noon. It isn't that we wanted to stay in Papeete, but if your flight arrives at night, let Fare Suisse take care of you for the evening.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrianC29
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed for one night in May 2012.

The place is nice and clean as many others have described. Breakfast was nice. The only problem is unreliable hot water supply. There was only hot water for 10 minutes. I asked the owner whether the hot water will be back in an hour and the answer was no. We ended up having a cold water shower at night. The next morning, the owner explained to us that because too many people was having the shower at the same time in the evening so it overwhelmed the central water boiler. (? That means the water boiler is not enough to cater all the rooms demand. )

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Papeete
Tiare Tahiti Hotel
#2 of 7 in Papeete
Punatea Village
Punatea Village
#5 of 7 in Papeete

Been to Fare Suisse Tahiti? Share your experiences!