“Charming walk to valley Fautaua”
Review of Tahiti Discovery

Tahiti Discovery
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in Papeete
More attraction details
Owner description: Teiva offers a fine scenic drive to the center of the island of Tahiti Nui explaining the nature and historical information. A good way to spend a nice day on Tahiti.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

If you want to see wild nature in Tahiti I can recommend walk to valley Fautaua. Sometimes you must go narrow path, or jump over stones, or wade cold water wild stream, but when you see beautiful waterfall which is 100m high, you will be paralyzed it´s beauty. A pity that you must go back to reality. Petra Bacovska

3  Thank Petra B
There are newer reviews for Tahiti Discovery

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family had such a great time on this tour! We have many memorable moments and photos from this fantastic day. We like to be active and outdoors, so the open truck was a lot of fun for us. Teivi has a vast amount of knowledge to share about the area, the culture, the plants, good photo shots etc. He is a master of many trades, one of which must be photography because he took a ton of awesome photos

3  Thank MaTracy
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I went to Tahiti on our honeymoon the first week of September. Upon the recommendation of our hotel, we booked a tour through Tahiti Discovery for a day trip to the inner part of the island.

Long story short, it was one of the highlights of our entire time in French Polynesia!

The guide, Teiva, is absolutely fantastic. He's a local that's tremendously knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna and he interacts with his passengers much better than any other guide I saw the whole trip. While other companies employ locals who wear khaki shorts and polos with westernized haircuts etc., Teiva rocks the loin cloth and traditional accessories. And it's not a gimmick - he grew up in the same valley where he takes his tour. He also shows off his crazy prowess at cliff diving, shares produce from his garden (the best bananas and grapefruit I've ever had) and takes his passengers deep into the heart of the island so we could appreciate its beauty.

Make sure you sign up for the full day tour - we saw where the half day guides turn around, and the best part of the tour was after that!

Part scenic, part wild and absolutely life-changing for us. I highly recommend Teiva, and hope I can return to spend the day with him again on another tour.

3  Thank Josh M
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was in Tahiti for my honeymoon and read great reviews about this tour. I emailed more than a month in advance and followed up with a confirmation email. I received confirmation on both occasions. I spent over an hour waiting for them at the lobby at Hotel Tahiti Niu and they never showed up. I had the hotel call there number on the website and they informed me that that number was not accepting calls. Beware!!! We booked with Marma and they showed up within ten minutes of their designed times.

8  Thank Roger B
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was the first thing we did on our two week tour of Tahiti. Couldn't have been better. Be prepared for a bumpy ride in his truck but well worth it.

2  Thank Lucky C