MUCH WORSE than any Le Meridien I've ever been to!!!!
My husband and I came here just one night between our stay in Moorea and flight the next morning. Perhaps because we had just come from a week-long stay in the incredibly beautiful Hilton Moorea, we were very disappointed with Le Meridien. Hotel quality is much poorer than others in LM hotel chain (worse than even a 3-star hotel) and staff is mostly rude, not what you normally expect as SPG members in a Starwood hotel. The worst part, we requested an early morning wake-up call to get to the airport and never received it!!! We almost missed our flight not only because of that, but also because the front desk was empty and there was no one there to check us out of the hotel! Never have I encountered such unprofessionalism.
Pros- dinner was tasty and chef/waitress were happy to accommodate our strict dietary restrictions. Bartender was also friendly
Cons- run-down, small pool area with only a few lounges, rocky beach with nowhere to sit, rude staff at front desk, view from OWB was nothing special, room was dingy, uncomfortable and cheap furniture, like what you see in a hostel. Only one restaurant was was open but not until like 9pm. Hotel located in seedy area, not for tourists at all
If you are staying here for just one night (e.g. for a layover), or you just need a clean room to sleep and are speding all your waking hours away from the hotel, its not bad. But if you're looking to experience Tahiti's famous over-the-water bungalows or enjoy the island's natural beauty and soak up the sun by the beach/pool, avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete