There's much to like at Le Meridien Tahiti including it's pretty, quiet setting, outstanding food, spacious rooms, friendly staff. I'd never been in a pool with a sandy bottom; it felt more like a place to play than to swim and the spin class (in the pool!) with loud music didn't invite lingering.
The location won't work for those who want to walk to Papeete, but I'm no fan of the city, so that was fine with me. It's a good base for exploring the island and don't miss the Musee de Tahiti et ses Iles which is an easy walk.
Is this a 4 star resort? By American standards, probably not. There's a "tired" feel and some things I expected like comfortable chairs on the balcony, a screen door to let the lovely air inside etc. were missing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Tahiti is the most modern luxury hotel of the island; benefiting from a charming frame thanks to its natural beach of white sand that is unique on the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a panoramic view on turquoise waters of the lagoon and on the nearby island … Moorea. Situated in a charming frame, Le Méridien Tahiti is located 15 kms from Papeete and 10 kms from the international airport of Tahiti Faa' a, so making of the hotel the ideal place for a stay on the island. The hotel was recently refurbished with exotics and natural materials which highlight the South Pacific feeling ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Le Meridien Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Tahiti Hotel Papeete
- Le Meridien Hotel Tahiti
- Le Meridien Papeete
- Papeete Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Tahiti Papeete