WINNER WONDERLAND

L'Agora
Ranked #75 of 85 Restaurants in Papeete
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
honolulu
“The worst St Valentine day!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I haved book 4 days before feb 14 for the St-Valentine day at a luxury restaurant. The D-Day the restaurant called me and ask if I maintain my reservation, I did confirm YES, and the person on the phone said no problem you're on the list. I announce the surprise to my wife, so last night my wife dressed nice like all women do before going out for dinner. We arrive at the restaurant counter and the owner was there asking if we have a reservation. I gave my name and she check on her list but reply you don't have any reservation so I told her that I have a proof on my smartphone with the early call. Then she check again and same answer. I was angry but calm. So she look at her other reservation book and saw my name with a confirmation. Seems like they did not add my name to the paper list. What a shame! They didn't even tell any excuses. So we left the restaurant with anger. How can this happen, I was ready to spend $250.00 that night but we ended home and I went to a fast food. Incredible! They will need to hire a reputation management service because I will not let this happen again and will never put my foot at the door of this luxury restaurant but also bad reputation now.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank honolulucity

Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The relief!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Having spent 10 days on Moorea, struggling to find anything decent to eat, it was a delight to discover l'Agora. We arrived with 2 tired children and although initially slightly overwhelmed by the menu (our French was not very good) we were charmed by the owner/manager who delivered very promptly a delicious meal for the two children, enabling us to enjoy a great evening. The food was excellent and the dessert trolley oh so tempting. We nearly went back the next night - and after yet another completely terrible, overpriced 5 star resort meal, sincerely wished we had!!

• Visited February 2013
Tahiti, French Polynesia
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is my favourite in town, i'll go there almost once a month, this is gastronomic food but with good portion, prices and quality of the food worth it. Usually if you take a starter and a main course you won't be ablle to eat the dessert on the cart, there's so many on it. The boss and waitresses are really nice and helpfull. I used to go there with my husband or with family. I really recommend it to you.

• Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“a great restaurant, haute cuisine, French”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I like talking to the chef and the owner, there is not a problem to express one's opinion and be "at home" with friends in this place.

Visited January 2013
Paris, France
“A good French Restaurant in Papeete”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

If you wish to taste French good food from Lyon in Papeete this is the place to go. Food is exceptionnal and prices Ok, good service,
and classy customers. A place to go where you would not go by yourself as it is very discreet.

Visited June 2011