Quite a long walk to our bungalow (which was exactly the same decor and layout as the Hanakee Pearl Lodge on Hiva Oa) through lush, beautiful gardens. Sweeping view from the room and our deck over the bay and mountains. Sound of the sea below, and birdsong from the garden. The food was fine, but enormous portions (as we found everywhere in French Polynesia - likewise wine and cocktails quite dear). We were on a half board package and were rather irritated to find that all the main courses apart from 3 had supplements of £8-£10 if you are on half board. Laundry was expensive (as everywhere in FP) and internet erratic (also as everywhere!). The tours to the archaeological sites were very good with an excellent guide, and we enjoyed a delicious lobster lunch at "Chez Yvonne" in Hatiheu. Spectacularly scenic drive to get there, one of the great drives of the world we thought!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The value of time is the first and foremost gift that the Marquesas offers to travellers. Located in a manificent tropical garden, the Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge overlooks the bay and village of Taiohae and the black sandy beach lying 50 steps below. Each bungalow are built with local materials and each of them have carvings by a different artist from the Marquesas Islands. Appreciate this typical atmosphere found in the Marquesas with modern comforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Hotel Nuku Hiva
- Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge Marquesas Islands