Don`t miss the Marquesas if you are visiting French Polynesia, they are spectacular and unlike the Society Islands only have some 5,000 tourists a year so are very unspoilt.
We spent 5 days at this hotel and wished we had booked for a full week. Being located above the main bay, it is ideally located for a pleasant walk round to the main `town` (try the crepes from Nadia`s van at the end - great for a light lunch!). The bungalows are of a very high quality, with lovely verandahs and well spaced for privacy (something one does not often find in Polynesia).
The restaurant serves excellent food and the beautiful infinity pool, although small, never had more than one or two people in as everyone tended to be out on excursions for much of the day.
The staff were always extremely helpful and the manageress kept an eye on everything, circulating and talking to guests not only at breakfast but also in the evening to ensure that we were well looked after and to help with appropriate excursions. We had a wonderful day ourselves with Richard as our guide, including, at special request, a walk up onto the ridge overlooking Anaho Bay - his enormous knowledge of plants, wildlife and Polynesian culture was a delight and his English perfect.
We felt that the costs of transfers and excursions were not unreasonable bearing in mind the high costs one can pay on other islands for far less demanding/ exciting journeys! Can absolutely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The value of time is the first and foremost gift that the Marquesas offers to travellers. Located in a manificent tropical garden, the Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge overlooks the bay and village of Taiohae and the black sandy beach lying 50 steps below. Each bungalow are built with local materials and each of them have carvings by a different artist from the Marquesas Islands. Appreciate this typical atmosphere found in the Marquesas with modern comforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Hotel Nuku Hiva
- Keikahanui Nuku Hiva Pearl Lodge Marquesas Islands