“Watch Your Wallet In This Restaurant”
Review of Village Anchor

Village Anchor
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Anchor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Anchorage
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bellewood & Evergreen
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had dinner there on 2/10/14. My server asked me for my drink order upon arrival. I asked for a glass of house Chardonnay. My server told me she had two to choose from - one was fruity and one was oakey . As they were both presented as house , one would assume that they were both priced equally and considered house . My girlfriend chose the fruity house, I chose the oakey house. It wasn t until I got home and inspected my bill that I found out the fruity Chardonnay was $6.00 per glass, but I was charged $11.00 for the two glasses I had. I feel that our waitress mis-represented my wine as house , and at the least should have mentioned the price discrepancy. This left a bad taste in our mouths after a nice evening, and because of this, I won t be returning.

There are newer reviews for Village Anchor

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Visited on Saturday afternoon with my girl friend and 4 of her best friends for a surprise birthday luncheon and reunion with old friend. We arrived early for our reservation so we decided we would go to the bar to wait for a surprise guest. The upstairs bar is small so we were told we might be more comfortable downstairs. Good move, more room and we were able to watch UK on the big screen.
We were introduced to our bartender/ server Andrew by hostess Marisa. They were both very friendly and started us off with some drinks. We all were having a good time and said we would rather stay here than going to our table in the main dinning room. We ordered several appitizers to get started with all came out hot and tasty.
At this point everyone was having a great time and the girls were getting loud,but Andrew did a good job keeping up with them and kept the drinks flowing.
Now finally time to order lunch, I had the Hotter Brown which is their own version and it was delicious. Most of the girls had the pick 3 BLT and soup,they all loved their meal. Another had the Blackened Fish Tacos which she said were outstanding.
After meal we just hung out having more drinks, Marisa and Andrew were a lot of fun and assured us that we were not being to rowdy.
UK won,everyone was full and had a GREAT time. This was our second visit and beware, we will be back. Thank you making it a good experiance.
Only suggestion is have something in the kitchen to offer the Birthday guest.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The place is a bit difficult to locate and out of the way for a visitor but well worth the effort. They have several interesting dishes, like the Fried Goat Cheese salad, or the Goat Cheese Gateau, but my favorite was the Sweet Potoato Fry with Marshmallow Creme. I could not decide if it was an appetizer, or desert. So I ended up eating the entire large portion as both. Paid for it all night, but the taste was worth it. From what my friends say, the other dishes were not so bad either. The waiter, though very attentive, was a bit too eager towards his partiality in taste. Recommend the place to anyone visiting the town, and have the time to find the place. Make sure you reserve in advance. It can be noisy when crowded as most popular places are.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

On 1-17-14 my wife and I, along with some friends, had dinner at the Village Anchor in Anchorage, KY. With the temperature very cold outside, the restaurant staff, did everything in it's power, to make us comfortable in the make shift, outside covered dining area of the restaurant.
The service was very good along with the food. As they say, you get what you pay for. It is a high dollar dinner restaurant but the service and quality of the food is very good. My only very minor complaint, more Bourbon could have been added to my Bourbon and Diet Pepsi. Dinner for two included 3 glasses of wine, 2 cocktails, appetizer, 2 salads, and 2dinners came to $109.18 without the tip. The big question is, would we go back? Yes we would and will, in the spring or summer, so we can sit and enjoy this fine restaurant outside.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We selected this restaurant based upon previous reviews and we were not disappointed. The food, service and atmosphere were all top notch.