“Nothing Special”
Review of Village Anchor

Village Anchor
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Anchor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Anchorage
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bellewood & Evergreen
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My friend and I went to eat here because we like to try new places and the ads on facebook looked great. When we got there, the first thing I noticed was that, as far as I could see, there is no 'handicap friendly' way to get to the door. All I saw were steps with the handrails to the steps blocked by tables set up outside. The next thing I noticed, as I am a large woman, was that the doors were so narrow that I could hardly fit in them, much less someone in a wheelchair or with a walker.

After getting seated by a very friendly hostess, our very attentive server came to the table and was kind enough to tell us the specials of the day and recommend some of the more frequently ordered items on the menu.

I ordered the tomato bisque soup, which was not very good, a half of a friend egg and pancetta sandwich, which was delicious, and cole slaw, which, apparently I didn't read the menu on this one because it's not like any cole slaw I've ever seen in my life, which also means, I didn't eat it. This trio was on a special called the Pick 3 Lunch Special for $14.00.

I ordered Jack Daniels cupcakes for dessert, which, the server prepared me, were a bit denser than normal cupcakes because they are called "Prohibition" cupcakes and so are not made with sugar but with Jack Daniels Honey?? They were dense alright...they had more the consistency of corn bread than cake. They were not good.

On a positive note, they serve Sprite Zero, a big plus in my book, and the atmosphere is very nice.

Would I go again? No. I see no reason. Perhaps I just done have a taste for their cuisine, but I really don't see any need to go back.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Village Anchor is truly a unique restaurant. The dinner menu contains many old favorites with new twists, and the bourbon selection is impressive. I went with my girlfriend, who was thrilled to see that the entire menu is 100% gluten-free. I was extremely impressed by the Apricot Bourbon Pork! The restaurant is very nice and well maintained, and the staff was top-notch. We will return!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you ask many residents of Middletown where their favorite place to dine, I can guarantee most of them will reply with "The Anchor!". The atmosphere is unique to any other place in the state, and their drinks and food are fabulous. Whether you are coming in for $10 Tuesday, free cigar Thursday, or the fresh fruit margarita bar on Fridays, you are guaranteed an excellent experience.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The first time I ate at Village Anchor was at a lunch with my book club last spring. The menu was interesting, the food very tasty, and the service attentive. I kept the restaurant in my head for several months, and when my husband's birthday came around in November decided to take him and our 14-year-old daughter there for dinner. My husband is in sales and travels quite frequently, so he has become something of a "food snob" after eating in so many great restaurants throughout the US. He absolutely LOVED Village Anchor and had nothing but good to say about everything he ate and drank. Our daughter was also quite enamored with the place. We will, of course, return again and bring others along with us.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stopped by our local watering hole in historical anchorage, Kentucky. I asked if they had their wifi working and if they could light the fire it was snowing and a meal by the fire suited me. I was told that nothing worked and not only that I was told that I berated the staff and a lady who I didn;t even know said I had done it many times before I haven't even been in there many time before.
After I left the manager followed me out and told me never to come back I asked him for his name because I had met the owner Kevin who seemed like a very kind man but he would give it to me instead threatened to call the police!

1  Thank elizabethleemonroy