“Best in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Village Anchor

Village Anchor
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Anchor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bellewood & Evergreen
“Best in Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'd eat here every weekend if I could, and if there weren't so many other good places to eat in Louisville. We ate here last weekend with a party of 9 - 6 adults and 3 young boys. Each of us had something different, and everything was truly enjoyed. The Ahi Tuna salad was wonderful, and my husband has declared the Reuben the best one he's ever had. Our son-in-law, who is pretty hard to please, also enjoyed the Village Anchor's version of the Hot Brown, and our daughter thought the fish special for the evening was great as well. Their twin boys ordered two different things from the kid's menu and ate every bite (their younger brother was pretty sleepy but when his meal was ordered after everyone else's had already arrived, the wait staff had no problem taking care of the additional order). Our two guests - my niece and a friend - also enjoyed their meals of the portabella sandwich for our niece, and the appetizer fish tacos for her friend. Everyone wanted to try to sweet potato fries and said they were great - almost like dessert with the dipping sauce. We also ordered several desserts - Derby Pie Pop for me, banana pudding for my husband, and berries and cream for our niece and her friend to share. The twins boys each ordered a warm chocolate chip cookie with their own special glass of milk which they consumed even after eating all of their meal. The wait staff was great, and had no problem accommodating a large party. I love the Village Anchor, and hope they are around for a long time!

“Always a treat.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had dinner there after being away for a few months and it was better than ever. Made reservations on the lanai and it was a crisp fall evening....PERFECT. I love the "almost" outside feel eating out there. The wide selection of beers got things off to a good start. I bypassed any starters but my wife and several of our group had the potato soup. It was terrific. Maybe BETTER than terrific. I had the meatloaf burger and it was very very good. My wife had the scallops and she was quite pleased with those as well but the definite star of the evening was the potato soup. I highly recommend giving this place a try. Dinner for two including three beers and a 20% tip came to $90. A bit toward the high end but definitely worth it...........

Louisville, Kentucky
“Fine dining in a great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been here a handful of times and have been impressed with each visit. The service is always prompt and professional and the food is to die for! I have tried something different each time and have never been disappointed. The bourbon pork chop is tender and full of flavor, the lamb chops were done perfectly, and the filet is the best in the city. I have also tried many of the nightly specials and they are always creative and delicious. They have a way of making each dish special and unique. Nothing ever feels rushed or generic. The wine and beer lists are extensive and reasonably priced. The desserts are worth saving room for. The prices are not cheap but the food, drinks, and service are so good that they are worth it. We will continue to dine here when we want to celebrate a special occasion or impress friends from out of town. Also this is one of the best places in Louisville in terms of atmosphere. The patio and small town feel are hard to beat!

• Visited August 2012
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Nice end of summer evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My father was visiting so we wanted to take him to one of the city's gems. We had never been to the Anchor before, but had heard nothing but wonderful things.
The food did not disappoint. I had the mushroom risotto and enjoyed every last bite.
Two things we learned... make reservation ahead of time and follow staff recommendations. We went during the middle of the week and it was packed. We had to sit on the patio below the main dining room. We had asked what the server recommended and my food was wonderful. My other half ate fish & chips and wished he had something the server had suggested. The staff is very knowledgeable. Overall, it was a nice summer evening.

“Getting away for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Village Anchor restaurant sits right in the heart of the tiny city of Anchorage, KY. To my way of thinking, that is it's most glorious attribute. While the food is good, it is not my main reason for returning again and again to this little gem, It is the feeling of a small get-away that brings me back. The drive is just long enough out to the restaurant to make it feel like a small trip and the surrounding quaint buildings solidifies that feeling of returning to another time.

The interior of the restaurant is very small with few tables, so reservations are definitely suggested during inclement weather. The opportunity for relaxed alfresco dining is definitely one of the main charms of this restaurant experience. The prices at the restaurant, although a tad on the high side, are not a deterrent. I do not recall ever having seen children dining. So I would suggest the Village Anchor for a lovely little get-away spot to meet-up with friends for good food, and conversation in a patio setting rather than for family dining with the kids. So call-up a friend and go enjoy your little mini-trip (and don't pass up the chance to share the banana pudding)!

• Visited August 2012