Capricorn Apartment Hotel
$103
Travelocity
$109
  • Pool
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort(Suva)(Great Value!)
$37
$23
$64
$51
$82
$62
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I took my children with me to attend a meeting in Tamavua, and since it was the last week of school, thought it a good time for my children to relax away from home and school and also to have easy access to Suva town. We caught a very early bus and arrived before check in time but did go and check in straight away as I had communicated to them the need for us to check in early. Staff was very helpful, recognized straightaway that we were the "early check in" and gave us our room key straight away. I liked it that we just had to walk to town for a meal or buy and cook something in our apartment. Agree... the pool needed a good clean as well as the shower and hand basin in our room but apart from that..... we all enjoyed the 2 day stay there and I would stay there again if the need arises.

Room Tip: Studio Apartment Upstairs is an excellent room - facing the city and sea
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Fesaitu F
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This place is accessible to every main Offices if you are travelling to meet and deal business in Fiji. Suva is the Head Quarters of the Government of Fiji and staying at this Hotel makes it easier to talk business at your door steps. Only 10minutes walk to the Government Buildings and stone-throw to restaurants and coffee shops, appointments can be scheduled in every 30minutes of an hour giving you ample time to prepare for the next one in which you can complete your planned business trip in a day.
Rooms are very basic. This is not a 3* (Star) or a 5* hotel. Just somewhere to relax in between your schedule meetings. Clean and comfortable. All rooms are self contained.

Suva has lots of souvenir shops if you looking to take some memories back home. From Handicraft shops, gifts and jewelry shops to clothes shops. Very cheap and lots of room to bargain.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank melsivo
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Good view from the rooms. Has cooking facilities and Room to the utmost good condition. Staffs are friendly and helpfull. Near to the city and business and government departments. I was there for business purpose and this Hotel really made my stay in Suva a memorable one. Thanks Capricorn

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeetu_13
Reviewed April 16, 2010

A dirty and digusting hotel. Lack of service, dirty rooms full of mould. We felt very unsafe.How ridiculous not having the fridge on until you go into the room in the heat. The pool was filthy. Nothing like the photos show on the internet. I wouldnt recommend any one to stay there or even go to Suva!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank parrotdubbo
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I have stayed in the Capricorn on several occasions for business, and hope to stay there again. I like it mainly for the location to downtown Suva and the kitchen facilities. It is a short 5 minute walk to the the MHCC Complex (grocery store, food court, shopping), and a short walk to the movie theatre. The rooms are spacious, have a balcony, some with a view of the harbor, and some rooms have a couch and desk. They have a full size fridge, small gas stove, toaster oven, and kitchen utensils. It also feels pretty safe - they lock the doors to the hotel at night, and have someone there 24.7 to let you in.

The downsides: The tv gets only 2-3 channels, and the reception can be pretty bad in some rooms, with lots of static. Don't stay here if you watch a lot of television. The front desk controls which stations you are watching, so you could be watching a game on ESPN, and have it switched to the Fiji1 news with no notice. I have also seen roaches in the rooms on several occasions, and ants will come in pretty quickly if you leave food out on the counter. Don't stay here if you can't stand bugs. And while the deck has nice comfortable lounge chairs, the tile on some of the decks have a black sooty material that sticks to your feet, and then tracks the black soot into the room. Some of the rooms seem to be in better condition than others.

The hotel has a computer with internet access available, but charges quite a bit. There are much better deals at the internet cafes in town.

I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling for business, like the location and price, and don't mind the downsides listed above. I would not recommend it for someone on vacation in Fiji.

There is also a Capricorn Hotel in Nadi, which I have not visited. If you are looking for a nicer (but more expensive) hotel in the downtown area, check out the Holiday Inn, which is located on the other side of town.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business