“Good Value for Price Paid”
Review of Suva Motor Inn

Suva Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Suva
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Good Value for Price Paid”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our two bedroom suite, with a balcony overlooking Albert Park, also had a large lounge, a dining area, all comfortably furnished, and a kitchenette which was well equipped. The bathroom had a large supply of linens. All areas were very clean. Staff members were all very friendly and efficient and were anxious to make our stay a pleasant and memorable one.

The restaurant had a varied menu with daily specials and the food was tasty, large portions and reasonable prices.There is ample on site parking but since the hotel is conveniently located, we did not use our car but instead walked to see the local sights and attractions.

For some people, lack of an elevator may present a problem -- it didn't for us plus they do have porters. We felt it was very good value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Albert Park. Some rooms overlook the swimming pool and they may be noisy...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank azulferro
Kelera, Manager at Suva Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Azulferro

Thank you very much for the good comments on the good value for the price paid about the rooms at the BEST WESTERN Suva Motor Inn.
We do appreciate and value all that you have described about our hotel, including our restaurant menu and friendly staff and we would love to have you again as our guests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I wish I had of read tripadvisor before we checked into this this hotel! Honestly, I left crying and tired due to having been checked into a room with bedbugs! I awoke up at 1am to see bed bugs crawling on my pillow!!! I woke my boyfriend up and we went to reception and asked to changed rooms, in which we were moved. We were so paranoid and disgusted that we did not get any sleep at all! I had bites on me. On trying to find out where they were coming form, i stripped the bed and seen that there were holes in the mattress (in which they had tried to fumigate them out), for the record.....THIS MATTRESS NEEDS TO BE THROWN OUT!!!!

On checking out in the morning, the receptionist didnt even say anything, and because of this I asked to speak with the manager! The manager, appologised, and DID NOT refund the room! I actually couldnt belive it! She did however refund our breakfast (my boyfriend had bacon which tasted like fish, which in effect could not be eaten and the same with the eggs) and they also refunded a bottle of water and a beer that we had the night before! That totalled $15 AUD! This to me was unacceptable! The room should have been the first thing refunded in my opinion! And then on our departure, she asked me not to write a review about my experiences!!!!!!! AND this is exactly what I am doing!!

I would never stay here again and I willnot be recommeding this to anyone, and will be writing to Lonely Planet!! I expect a response from the hotel and I certaintly expect my credit card to be refunded to the full amount of the room!!!

Sadly Im rating this as a terrible experience! I just hope I did not bring back bed bugs to my own home!!!!!!! Very unprofessional!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has had NO BED BUGS!!!! Strip the bed, scan the walls and look at the mattress...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Munyagoesflying
Kelera, Manager at Suva Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Ms.Munyagoesflying

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to highlight your concerns.

I sincerely apologise for your recent experience. During your stay you would have noticed that we were upgrading our walkways, restaurant and pool area. This is part of the upgrading project that we are carrying out for our hotel. Also as part of this program we were carrying out block by block replacement of furniture and fittings, renovation of facilities and fumigation of all our hotel rooms by a new pest control company. Unfortunately your room was in one of the blocks that we were yet to renovate and fumigate. Since your stay we have had the pest control company fumigate this room and had the beddings and linen destroyed. Our current renovation project includes new furniture in the rooms and this will include new mattresses.

I apologise that you found the refund made on your meals and beverages unacceptable and as such, we will be refunding your one night accommodation. We sincerely apologise for the receptionist's inappropriate response to your plight during your stay.

We hope that you will be visiting us soon to sample our newly renovated rooms.

Kelera Ratumaiyale
RESIDENT MANAGER

Travelers are raving about these Suva hotels

Nadi, Fiji
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay there because it was affordable and we have been going there for a long time. We actually know the staff and they know our kids. Sometime within the last year this hotel came under the management of Best Western and since then it has gone down hill. I have noticed bites on me but the last time that we stayed with our 3 kids we actually could see the bed bugs crawling the mattresses and the walls. It has been our worst experience in Fiji so far. My husband had to stay up all night checking me and the kids for bugs and had to kill them as he found them. It was disgusting. We recommend anyone that is planning on staying there to find a different hotel. We even told them about what happened and they still did not refund the payment made. We wrote a letter to the management and we are still waiting for their response. The staff there are good people so nothing against them we noticed the changes after it came under Best Western.

7 Thank Giovanna H
Kelera, Manager at Suva Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Giovanna H,

We sincerly apologize for your recent experience to you and your family on your one night stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We have done everything possible to eradicate this bed bug issue from the room that you stayed in and also from our hotel.
We have changed to a pest control company who services our rooms to the highest standard.
Thank you for taking the time to write to management and we apologize for the delay in responding as I was not given this letter. We have since fixed this problem and disciplined the staff concerned, I would have made an effort to meet you if I had known soon. As guests your comments are taken seriously as this allows us to improve our services. As such we will refund one nights stay with us to the credit card that was used to pay for your accommodation. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back to our Best Western Suva Motor Inn Hotel.
Kelera Ratumaiyale, Manager, BEST WESTERN Suva Motor Inn.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel had large room with good air conditioning.
Water slide to the pool would be great for kids.
Hotel restaurant served some really excellent food, especially the pancakes!
It was in a good location in Suva which was easy to get around.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AHyland7614
Kelera, Manager at Suva Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear AHyland 7614

Thank you very much for the good comments, it was very much appreciated.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our BEST WESTERN Suva Motor Inn hotel on your next trip to Fiji.

Kelera Ratumaiyale, Manager, BEST WESTERN Suva Motor Inn Hotel.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

i saw a mouse in the room ...
theres mould in the bathrooms..
sheets have odor n stains...
only locals swam in the dirty pool...
bar maid was rude...
food was ok but overpriced..
internet never worked..even after i paid for it...
one local call costs 1.50...rip off
some staff nice bur mainly women staff rude...
ac didnt work initially...
really dark n musty inside...
overall a poor experience..!!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank fiji2013
Griffith, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 3 kids for 7 nights from 2nd of January. It was like home away from home. My kids enjoyed the pool together with the slide. The Hotel is managed by Kelera Ratumaiyale who has done a marvellous job in order to cater for the guests. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with tv and cooking facilities with a/con. My overall experience was very enjoyable and an unforgetable one. My sincere thanks goes to the maid for cleaning our room and a big vinakavakalevu to Kelera, barmaid(from Beqa) and all those who made our stay an enjoyable one. we will definitely come next time. Moce
Vinay Jatan

5 Thank Vinay J
SYDNEY
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was a great spot to stay with our three kids. The hotel is quite old but we were in an very spacious two room apartment with enough beds for the 5 of us. The rooms also had a TV with cartoon network - after 3 weeks traveling around Fiji with no TV anywhere else this was a welcome distraction for the kids, but best of all the crazy waterslide into the pool. Take care the first time down it hurts if you go too fast, but the kids soon mastered it and spent hours going up and down. Staff were friendly and accomodating and the location is good - tucked away in a quiet street but a short walk to down town. Great option if you are passing through Suva with the family.

2 Thank MUMOFTHREESYDNEY