“Perfect Family Day Trip!”

Colo-I-Suva Forest Park
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Suva
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a dip in one of the natural swimming pools, follow a nature trail and keep your ears and eyes ready to spot the numerous birds that inhabit this park.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I didn't actually go with my family. I took a quick look before catching the bus back to the Nadi airport for my flight. However, I have visited several national parks and forests recently and this was the first one with such cool facilities. Some would view them as rural, but I appreciated the preservation of nature in adding amenities. Catching the bus up there was simple. Hiking to the pools is about 30 minutes. Waiting is a series of cascading pools with rope swings, picnic tables, barbecue and other conveniences for a relaxing day in the forest. I was impressed. The best was the time of year. No one was there. However, I learned in the summer the place is overrun. The place was awesome!

4  Thank CuriousTrvl

Reviewed May 29, 2012

A must for the whole family.......better take good shoes are lots of tracks to hike on...plus about 9 to 12 fresh water pools at various locations in the park to swim in.....Best place to visit if coming down to Suva...

2  Thank krishil k
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I first went to Colo-i-Suva back in 1999 when the huts had just been put in, and it was a pretty amazing place to while away the weekend - which we did a lot of!

it's a bit run down now, i wouldn't be having too many picnics in the old pagodas, or eating off the old tables, but the attraction is the rainforest, and the pools - and for this, it's a gem!

a couple of cautionary notes: don't leave valuables in the car, take additional precautions if you're going in a small group and let people know where you're going, think twice about personal safety if you're planning on going by yourself, and consider carefully if you're planning on taking your small kids - the tracks are long and can be very slippery, and the water areas are - rainforestie - so you'll spend most of your time making sure the kids are ok, and not enough time enjoying the incredible natural surrounds!

but, for a really great day away from Suva, grab some beers, grab some food, grab your swimmers, grab a 4WD, grab a couple of dollars for the entry fee ($1 per person), and make sure you get some decent 4WDing in before you head down to the pools for a bunch of swinging off high ropes into beautiful cool pools - well worth it, and if you can't be bothered taking your own sustenance, after your swim head to the Raintree Lodge which is almost opposite the entrance, and is a fantastic experience in itself.

2  Thank Spiceoflives
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My guess is that most tourists don't make it to Suva which is where Colo-i-Suva is. But if you do, going to this park is a must. I was there 20 years ago and it's better than I even remember. They have done a good job protecting and maintaining the park. 20 years ago there was no charge to get it. Now you pay a minimal fee that is well worth it. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank SkiChad5
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Nice to escape the warm weather of Suva and great to expirience the Rainforest. For very cheap money you can take long walks through the woods. You can get there perfectly by the local bus calls Colo I Suva. You need good shoes because it can get quite slippery and wet. If you are alone you can ask one of the guards to guide you.

2  Thank Anna P