“Expensive rip off, avoid restaurant”
Review of Tanoa Plaza Suva

Tanoa Plaza Suva
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Suva
Warsaw, Poland
“Expensive rip off, avoid restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed 9 nights being sent by company. Got terribly poisoned last night at the hotel restaurant waiting for the order for 50 mins. Staff friendly, rather clean but nothing fancy. Suva in general is not the best place in Fiji.

• Stayed September 2013
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Bula KrystianoM,

Thankyou for your review, I really appreciate, that you acknowledged our staffs during your stay, and at the same time, we are looking into the meal waiting time for guests to avoid future problems.

Again KrystianoM, very grateful for your feedback and when you are in Suva, please don't hesitate to contact myself.

Mere Rakoroi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Disadvantages: Horrible cockroach infested rooms (I stayed 8 days in three different rooms, all equally horrible), poor choice for breakfast, pathetic pool.
Advantages: very helpful and nice staff and very central location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bula Vinaka Olguies,

Thankyou for your review, really appreciate your comment about our friendly staffs and convenient location, and totally agree with you, it is indeed an advantage for us.
For other issues, I will be meeting with my team/companies to address this issues that you have raised and will ensure that improvements and changes are carried out.

Again Olguies, thankyou for your feedback, will certainly look into each of them and i do hope to see you back soon

Mere Rakoroi

Travelers are raving about these Suva hotels

Tokyo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A very average hotel for the price but the staff are friendly and accommodating. Location is good as its walking distance to most things and the internet is expensive but fast which is good considering the bad TV reception. No gym or spa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bula Vinaka Pacificblue333,

Thankyou for your feedback, I really do appreciate your comment on our staff, location and fast internet, at the same time, i have started to work on Hotel packages that is inclusive of Free WIFI.

For the TV reception, my team is working on this as we speak, the gym, we don't have this facilities available at the moment due to space, but happy to recommend the closest one to our hotel, and yes we do have spas, each of them are in our Executive Suites located on the 9th floor. So let me know when you are in town, happy to discuss the changes we have made.

Again thankyou for your review, and looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here just recently for business and the rooms were very dated (old) and the lack of cleaning was poor. It is a real shame as the location works out well for business just in major need of a makeover. Reception area is about as good as it gets ! Staff were friendly but hey ! Who isn't in Fiji ! My advise... Pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere clean !

• Stayed September 2013
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Bula Vinaka Sabian75,

Thankyou very much for your feedback, i really am glad that you took time to tell me more about your experience. Your concerns over the cleanliness is very important indeed, so will make sure that changes and improvements is brought about with our team.

Once again, highly appreciate your view, if you return to Suva, please dont hesitate to see me

Sydney
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Check in at the hotel took only 5 minutes. Porter assisted with a smile and immediately walk away once he has nicely placed your luggage (unlike some hotel porters who wait for tips). Excellent views from top floor to the city, sea, the government buildings and overall the Suva city. Walking distance to city is 5 minutes.
Very clean white towels, bedspread and clean toilet & bath. Very impressed.
Staff are courteous, respectful, honest and delivered service as per our expectations.
Even the staff looking after the car park was very polite & respectful.
Great meals and great service.
We had the most wonderful stay at the Tanoa Hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bula Vinaka JantiAustralia,

It is my pleasure to take this time to say thankyou, your review was read out to my staff a day before we took part in our Tanoa Hospitality Games held in Nadi. It was indeed motivating to everyone in our team and certainly a great boost for all, so therefore at the end of the day, our Plaza Team walked away with Gold, Silver & Trophies. Again guests feedback can either break us or make us strong, so we stayed strong and showing more improvements in our team, work & products that we offer.

Right now, our goal is to look into guests rooms etc and improving facilities and services that we offer. If you are in Suva, please give me a ring, so i can fill you in the changes that is happening.

Once again, my staff and I are grateful for your review, see you soon

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here one night before I was leaving fiji prior to that I had been staying in novotel lami, location wise it was a little out of the main town would cost a little more to get to the town and back. But even if that I combined with the room that you can get at novotel (ocean view, high end furnishing great view modern clean) and the room cost you about $200fjd it would be a lot cheaper. Now coming back to Tanoa plaza cost me $275 for the first room (202) horrible view actually no view at all. All I could see was the tin roof, curtains were half hanging down room smelled like dust old furnishing tv was so small carpets were old the shams were stained, the bedding was dusty. The decorative pillow was so old and run down. Then I decided to pay a little more switched to 606 for about $293 fjd the only difference was that at least I had a view two complementary Fiji water, and a color ful runner across bed and the same material for the decorative pillow. Still smelled like dust 1 hour in the room I was having a hard time breating because it was soo dusty, complained at the reception I would say that they took quick action and cleaned the room and sprayed some "air freshner" bathroom was rather clean but the flush button of the toilet was on the wall so far away! Why?? It was crazy, I took a nap woke up it was crazy hot my bf and I had to call the reception for maintenance to have a look at it, maintenance was fast came in changed the whole A/C was fast and convinent. Had a bad experience with tanao I would not be coming back, I really regretted checking out of novotel a day before I was supposed to.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank manishap3
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Bula Vinaka Manishap3,

Thankyou for your review, i really appreciate that you given me detailed information about what i can do, to improve the products that we offer. For the month we are trialing out rate packages at the counter however, for better deals our hotel site offers more affordable rates.

Again Manishap3, you have been very specific and helpful on your review, and i am indeed thankful. if you are ever in town, please let me know, i will be happy to assist and most interested to hear about your views.

Church Stretton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for six nights on a recent business trip to Fiji. The rooms were OK, but not very inspiring. We only ate bar snacks here one evening that were OK, too - but nothing special. Breakfast annoyed me most days - the staff seemed to be more interested in chatting or counting money and filling in forms, than in coming over and asking if you wanted tea or coffee (the only thing they really needed to do, as it was the usual self-service buffet). It's not as if the dining room was crowded - it never was! Adequate, but nothing more. Location is good and central, though.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are apparently better