Tanoa Plaza Suva
$183
Hotels.com
$109
  • Pool
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort(Suva)(Great Value!)
$38
$91
$64
$55
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshopping and restaurantspleasant staystay there againfront desk staffenjoyed my stayvinaka vakalevustayed here for a weekconvenient locationbusiness tripsouth pacificgovernment buildingshappy hourmirijosephadvocatecbdharbour
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great place to stay in Suva, excellant views of the city, staff very friendly and helpful, beautiful flower arrangements in the reception area, wanted to take them home, rooms clean and spacious.
Would definately recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sosi T
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Bula Vinaka Sosi

Great to hear about your review, such a pleasure to have your thoughts about our hotel and our people, will surely share this with my team.

If you happen to return to the Captial, please dont hesitate to contact myself, will look forward to catching up with you.

Mere Rakoroi

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for a night and was generally disappointed. The greatest problem is their billing system, which leaves a lot to be desired. They have this weird system where they charge you a deposit in addition to the daily rate. This means you must keep a very close watch to your account and make sure you're not overcharged and that the deposit is actually not taken out of your account. All too cumbersome for a night's stay.

In addition, the room had no hair dryer (unforgivable for a 3 -4 star hotel, which this claims to be). I asked for one and they charged me a deposit of $40, which is actually more than the old and over-used hairdryer was actually worth!

The airconditioning wasn't working properly and the housekeeper came to see what was wrong. She suggested I keep the curtains drawn - so the price for an airconditioned room is complete darkness?!

Finally the bedsheets were too hard and it was difficult to sleep on them (must have ben a thread count of 10!) In all not a pleasant experience, even though the receptionists were pleasant and friendly. I wouldn't go there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Bula Vinaka Sky6_12,

Thank-you for taking the time to inform us about your experience and we really appreciate your review. I will discussed your areas of concern with the relevant department supervisors this morning and through the detailed information that you have provided me with, we be able to address these shortfalls immediately.
I trust that we will be able to welcome you back to Tanoa Plaza Suva in the near future and I wish to assure you that every effort will be made to provide you with the levels of service & product that you expect from Hotel. It is only through this constructive feedback that we can improve on our product & service standards and be able to meet our guest’s expectations on every stay.
Once again, thank-you for your time and I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days. I was in an exec room on the 8th floor. The location was great for business in Suva city - walking distance to the main places I needed to be, or cheap taxi rides. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, from the guy that cleaned the room, to reception, to the restaurant - If I could steal some of their staff I would! I didn't try the pool so can't comment on that. The room was fine. It wasn't quite what I was expecting from the web site, a bit smaller. A few bits were slightly worn - chair and table had seen better days, but nothing drastic, still perfectly functional. The bed was comfy, the room was kept very clean - bathroom was spotless. Also compared to other places I've stayed in Suva, I thought that it was very good. Suva generally tends to be overpriced and a bit worn. I would definitely stay there again.

Bula Vinaka RhiannonP,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write us about your business review. It is always interesting to read about the reviews and your comment on our room furniture, I will surely carry out work early March to show more improvement based on your feedback.
My staff are great to work with and i will be sharing your review with them this morning and yes they will be excited, so thankyou from all of us.
Once again Rhiannon, Vinaka Vakalevu and looking forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My company rented seven hotel rooms and conference space for a week in January. Most of us stayed on the third floor, which is one above the smoking floor. The rooms stunk. The restaurant and the conference facility were also infested with cockroaches. We ordered morning tea and afternoon snacks, and every day we had to share our food with the bugs.

Room Tip: They have some large rooms on the top floor that aren't that much more expensive. Stay away from the third floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tanoaplaza, General Manager at Tanoa Plaza Suva, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Bula Vinaka Angelo,

Thankyou for your taking time to write to us about your review, truly disappointing to hear this, based on your feedback, we now have taken more serious approach to improve our service in this area that you have mentioned in your review and also there is monitoring now taking place to eradicate this problem.
Once again, I will keep this review very close and follow up with my staff to ensure that our guests stays in a safer and pest free environment. If you happen to return, please let me know, would be great to talk to you and check out the improvements that has been done, since your review.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here in August last year in an executive suite on the highest floor. Room was beautiful and the views of Suva city were spectacular. Also there was a very loud banging noise that would happen every time our aircon would turn on! It kept me up on the first night but I got used to it after that because we spent 4 nights here! The restaurant Menu is not that great, too many choices with fries but otherwise this is a lovely place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in an upmarket hotel close to Suva city

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Local Tourist T

Bula Vinaka Local,

Thankyou for taking the time to write to us about your review. I totally agree with you that the 9th Floor Executive Suites gives out a Spectacular view on any given day. Local, Thankyou for letting me know about the ac unit, will get that checked for all the Suites, and happy to say that our New menus will be out shortly along with our new Daily Board Specials.
Once again Local, Vinaka Vakalevu for your review, if you are in Suva, please let me know, so we can catch up.