“Holiday Inn Suva is of International Standard”
Review of Holiday Inn Suva

Holiday Inn Suva
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Suva
Sydney, Australia
“Holiday Inn Suva is of International Standard”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I have travelled widely and have stayed in many hotels overseas. This year 2011, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Suva Fiji as I was visiting Fiji. Oh my God this hotel in my expereince was world class and even better. The service was more than international standard. The rooms were superbly cleaned and eevrytime I walked into my room it was like walking into a room never used. From the porter to the cleaner everyone who worked at the Holiday Inn were extremely helpful and of very high and professional standard. I stayed there for about 10 days and it was the best experience I ever had. I was looked after by evryone as if I was someone special. At every moment I was asked by the staff if I was fine and required any other help. I could not belive how caring the staff were and how homely I felt staying at the Holiday Inn. I must take my hat off to all of the staff who made my stay there very enjoyable. In particular I would like to say vinaka vakalevu to Sita who looked after the joint when the GM was away.A hard working lady always on the move looking for ways to better the stay of the guests. Phillip, the french head chef the best I have come across having lived in many hotels around the globe always with a big french smile and so down to earth. He is so friendly and blends very well with the big Fijian smile and friendliness. All the bar women and men who are always at your disposal looking after you for the next drink and bringing complimentary savouries whenever necessary. The word " Bula" and "Sir" is always on their lips whenever they meet or approach a guest and you could tell from the way they say it that it comes deep from within their hearts the real Fijian way of looking after a guest. Keep it up folks you represent the best of Fiji. Aloisi the porter always very attentive and quick to assist your baggage without letting you carry the load. Vinaka Aloisi keep up your good work. The door man again always there to pull the door wide open for your entry. I cannot recall their names but they were great with their service. The cleaner Lanieta Vula Oh what a fantastic hard working lady she is. Very very thorough in her duties and never leaves any task half done. Always leaving her cleaning duties till very late in the evening and is never happy until such time the guest are happy. She is superb she deserves this accolade and some recognition of her service.

Not forgetting the house bands Tom Mawi, Seru Serevi and the most friendliest of all, the prettiest and gorgeous looking Laisa Vulakuro really put that icing on the cake. Their voices and friendly deameanour really makes one at ease and the vude just topped it all.

Finally, if I have forgotten anyone else I apologise but this hotel from the top to the doorman is a place to stay and enjoy your holidays whilst in Suva. I will surely return with my family in the near future and for those planning to visit Suva I would highly reccomend the Holiday Inn to you and if you want to talk to someone before you plan your stay talk to Sita or Phillip they will definately look after you.

Ni sa Moce

Faiyaaz Shafiq
Sydney Australia
mfshafiq@gmail.com

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank faiyaaz
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Dear Faiyaaz,

Thank you for your comments and feedback, greatly appreciated!! I have communicated your comments to the team members concerned and departments.

We look forward welcoming back to the Holiday Inn Suva.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Suva and choosing the InterContinental Hotels Group as your preferred choice of accommodation.

Joseph Della Gatta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
apdva
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Suva isn't where you come on vacation, but if you have to be there, the Holiday Inn is the nicest place to stay. The rooms look out on the harbor and over the pool, which is pretty. The front desk staff is really good/helpful, but the restaurant/bar seems chronically understaffed and very slow. Getting what you actually ordered seems to be a problem. The breakfast is good, but way overpriced... $39FJ. Fiji currency or not, $39 just seems excessive for breakfast, especially at a Holiday Inn. The beds/rooms are very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank apdva
Dear Apdva,

Thank you for your comments and feedback, during your stay with us I have communicated your comments to the team members concerned and departments. We have made some changes in the restaurant to avoid these type of problems.

Please do let me know when you are traveling to Suva again, it would be great to catchup with you.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Suva and choosing the InterContinental Hotels Group as your preferred choice of accommodation.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Staff are great and very helpful. Everything under the one roof and in the humidity the pool was a godsend. Rooms and some facilities a bit tired at the times of our stays from 2006 to late 2009 and I understand from other family members recent stays - not much has changed. Also found noise from incosiderate late night arrivals and other children. We could not use the laundry as it was in constant use whenever we checked and we stayed in for the day to try and catch it free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear Agent_Mum,

Thank you for your constructive feedback., the points mentioned are valid & greatly appreciated!!

Please do contact me directly on your next visit to Suva so I can take care of your arrangements personally.

We look forward welcoming back to the Holiday Inn.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Love the changes that have taken place here! Congrats to the management and staff for taking Holiday Inn Suva to the next level! Haven't enjoyed a sleep like that in months....love the new bed linen and shower head too!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dear GlobalKruza,

Thanks for noticing the changes here at the Holiday Inn Suva...the global refresh of our rooms & property relaunched on December 10th , 2010 has been fantastic....

I look forward to welcoming back to the Holiday Inn Suva & experiencing the difference.

Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Most Friendliest staff and superb and excellent service. Staff are very accommodating and helpful and attend to my request without hesitation. The hotel is located in an Oasis in the middle of an Industrial City in Suva. After a long day of work I found the hotel a place to relax and wind down. The location is closed to the city and just walking distance to clubs, restaurants and shops. If you are ever going to Suva I highly recommend to check it out and stay in the Holiday Inn. They actually implemented my recommendation and value your opinion.

Then you can catch up with Jese who plays at the local Boat Restaurant and experience the fascinating Fiji.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear ExperienceCulture,

Thank you for noticing our changes here at the Holiday Inn Suva and providing us your feedback so we can improve our services and facilities.

I appreciate for you choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Suva and choosing the InterContinental Hotels Group as your preferred choice of accommodation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you are visiting Suva, and I will be more than happy to assist with your arrangements.

Nadi
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights there. Both of the nights, all of us couldn't have good sleep because the AC didn't cool the room at all. We could hear the phone ringing and next door guest talking at 5 am. We didn't want to change room because it hard to move with all the things and a small child. But at least the breakfast could cheer us up. The food were great and the staff were very helpful. The complementary pizza also so delicious. Only when we ask for comb, the receptionist said that they didn't provide it although it said on the sign on top of the basin in the room that if you forget something including comb you could ask the front desk. We love the porter though !! Great guy !! We decided to stay in this hotel because convenient with the bus from Nadi. But next time we'll try other accommodation around.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Indoninfiji,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your experience during your stay at the Holiday Inn Suva.

Since you visit we have made significant changes here at the hotel. The property has gone through a Global Refresh project.

This includes a more distinctive level of guestroom comfort that dramatically improves the guest experience. Guests will enjoy new ‘comfort’ bedding, crisp white linens, choice of ‘soft’ or ‘firm’ pillows in addition to signature showers featuring powerful and adjustable shower heads.

Among the other new Holiday Inn brand features now visible at Holiday Inn Suva is the redesigned logo, improved signage and new outdoor lighting, landscaping. The welcome experience at Holiday Inn Suva has also be enhanced with a redesigned lobby feature wall, de-cluttered reception desk and all-new signature scents and sounds.

“The relaunch is more than just cosmetic,” “It is a renewed commitment to delivering best in class service and quality levels. We have introduced a brand new service culture we call ‘Stay Real’ which has added value and enhanced the guest experience across the brand.”

The newly launched “Stay Real” service commitment ensures that guests receive great service during their stay. Our “Stay Real” service training has enabled our team to always do this to our guests every single time they stay with us.

Indoninfiji please contact me directly when next booking your stay in Suva, as I would love to experience our changes.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

General manager
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2010

room was roach infested, when I picked up a cup to make coffee roaches came scuttering out and all over the coffee counter top. Mildew on the bathroom tiles and dampness on the floor when you woke up in the morning.

This is not "Holiday Inn" quality I'm accostomed too when traveling abroad....what a disgrace to the name.

I will not be staying there again, the food was over priced the only plus was the location....but with taxi fares being so reasonable, it more than makes up to stay else where.....Novotel is really looking good......

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suva
Grand Pacific Hotel
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Holiday Inn Suva? Share your experiences!