“Wonderful Staff, Great Stay”
Review of Holiday Inn Suva

Holiday Inn Suva
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Suva
Fairfax, Virginia
“Wonderful Staff, Great Stay”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Holiday Inn Suva for a week (April 2013). The staff were absolutely WONDERFUL and very attentive at the front desk. From the moment we checked in to our check out, we were made to feel like we were #1. The hotel is unassuming from the outside, but absolutely gorgeous once you step into the lobby. Our room had an ocean view and it became a nightly ritual sitting on our balcony to enjoy the sunset. Buffet menu prices were quite high, but the bar menu was reasonable & we were within quick walking distance to "downtown" Suva. Lots of food options. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Fiji and planning to stay in Suva!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Vicky,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It’s always so pleasing to hear when our staff have delivered the high standard of service we always strive for - I am very proud of my team.

The hotel location on the harbor foreshore and in the CBD with the sunsets are truly magic, so am pleased that you were able to mix business with pleasure and enjoy the facilities at the Holiday Inn.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Regards

Joseph Della Gatta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Hoiday Inn in Suva is great for the business person. It is very quiet. The hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating.

There was a wide variety of food to eat at the breakfast buffet. My room was always nice and clean. I stayed at the hotel for ten nights and there was absolutely no problems. Although it is on the ocean, there is no sandy beach within walking distance. There was a nice pool, but no one used it, possibly because most of the guests were there on business.

Room Tip: A duo or trio would play music by the pool until about 9:30 pm, but it was not distracting.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nelson,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your 10 night stay with us.

Appreciate all the feedback especially regarding the selection on our breakfast buffet - it's pretty hard to beat with our offerings. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards & Vinaka,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff are lovely and so hospitable. The band on Wednesday are incredible and take requests. It's been very enjoyable. The breakfast buffet had a great array of food including gluten free options. Nothing is too hard for the staff. Tara checked us in and she has been there at every point of call and attentive to all our needs

• Stayed May 2013
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear LindaHartley,

Thank you for sharing your review recently. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciated the comments made in regards to Tara and the team here at the Holiday Inn Suva - all of which I am very proud of as they all contribute to the overall guest experience.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in March 2013.The Holiday Inn Suva has seen many changes in branding and state of furnishing over the last 20 years. More recently it was operating as a Travelodge, and now Holiday Inn. Current managment have refurbihsed all guest and public rooms, and also renewed all outdoor furniture.They have added a genuine wood fired pizza oven out near the pool area, and offer Pizzas as bar or restaurant food.

Check-in is professional, and all front office staff very friendly and accommodating to guest needs. The restaurant service level at night can be slow but put this down to "Fiji Time". Food quality satisfactory but prices are high. The hotel is very well situated with an 8 minute walk to central Suva business area and most Government Departments. Taxis are plentiful and very inexpensive. A good spot to stay for business, safe, walking distance to other city restaurants (see Maya Dhaba Indian food restaurant just along from the Hoiliday Inn), but hotel is not near any beaches for swimming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out over the pool area which also face the sea and the harbour.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Globalraveller32,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Holiday Inn.

It was a pleasure for me as GM to share your comments with my team regarding your positive stay experience with us from the your room to the pool deck / pizzeria experience to our team and all comments were well received and proves their commitment on improving guest satisfaction and the services offered here at the Hotel.

The hotel provides a fantastic setting having the best of both worlds - a vibrant Harbor location and situated right in the CBD making it an ideal base for business and even pleasure with plenty of choice, not having to travel too far or commute - very happy to hear that you managed to explore the city and surrounding offerings.

Once again thank-you for the comments.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The options in Suva are not vast. Holiday Inn is located in a good location with delightful views over the ocean. The dining facilities offer a limited and expensive range but the pizzas on the courtyard are excellent. Staff helpful. Rooms adequate but need refurbishing. Overall meets needs for short visits to Suva.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Graemerk,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for sharing your review and I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your pizza and our team was there to assist you.

We always aim to improve our services and facilities and ensure we meet or exceed guest expectation and constructive feedback is much appreciated.

Once again many thanks for the feedback - we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Mike greeted us at the door and so began the friendly and warm hospitality that was shown to us for the duration of our 5 day stay. Great location for business but at the end of the day to sit and enjoy the balmy evening and enjoy those spectacular sunsets is superb. The food offerings were good, with the wood fired pizzas served on the outside terrace area a wonderful surprise. Breakfast provided a variety of fresh options. Even included gluten free options. The warm of the staff and their ability to deliver on their promises are the stand out features of this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Riles2

Thank you for your review. I was really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The hotel provides a fantastic setting having the best of both worlds - a vibrant Harbor location and situated right in the CBD making it an ideal base for business and even pleasure.

I appreciated all the positive comments regarding the hotel, the team members and breakfasts and how you enjoyed your stay with us - I will be sharing with the team your comments.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whenever I travel to Fiji, I always like to stay at the Holiday Inn. The staff as well as the general manager are always friendly and they know me by name. I feel like a family member returning home. Apart from the convenient location (to the city, shops, restaurants, botanical garden, museum, seaside walk etc.), the hotel appears to be better managed and run than ever before. My recent trip this time was from 13-21 April, 2013. A most pleasant surprise was the discovery that a representative of a local rental car company is always at hand at the hotel lobby. I had been so busy that I had not looked into renting a car before my arrival and I thought I might have to spend quite a bit of my time trying to find a suitable car. All my concerns vanished upon discovery that a car was already waiting just outside the hotel lobby. Within five minutes or so, the paperwork was complete, and I was happily driving around the city! I could not believe that such a service was available - upon inquiry, I learned that the Holiday Inn is the only hotel in Suva where such thoughtful and caring service is available at its lobby. This is just one more reason why the Holiday Inn continues to be my hotel of choice in Suva.
Vilsoni Hereniko, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Room Tip: I like a room on the ground level facing the swimming pool, particularly those on the left hand side...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Holiday_Inn_Suva_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Suva, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Aloha Vilsoni,

Thank you for sharing your very recent review of the Holiday Inn Suva.

It was sounding to read your feedback regarding how the team & services we have on offer at the hotel made your stay here in Suva a pleasure and a seamless experience.

I must say your Sunset Photo from the Holiday Inn Pool deck overlooking Suva Harbour captured a picture perfect moment - the hotels location backing the Harbour and being on the CBD door step is unique - many thanks for sharing this on TripAvisor for all to see.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Vinaka

Joseph Della Gatta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suva
Grand Pacific Hotel
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Holiday Inn Suva? Share your experiences!