“Anniversary Dinner with my wife”

Tiko's Floating Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Suva
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I did not have any plans to celebrate our 2nd anniversary in Suva... but due to the cyclone that ruined our plans to go to the Yasawa Islands, we had no choice.

We decided to try out Tiko's Floating Restaurant. I was very hesitant as I have heard from friends and colleagues that a lot of them got sea sick while dining at Tiko's.

I did not get too sea sick... Sadly, my wife who was 6-7 months pregnant with our 1st child got sea sick while dining. It did not really ruin our mood that night.

I like the eat all you can salad bar and would definitely go back just for that one.

Great to try but be careful not to get sea sick.

1  Thank NinoDal

Reviewed March 25, 2013

finally got to eat at Tiko's after visiting Suva over 10 times over the past few years. The service was okay, reasonably attentive for Fiji and friendly. Staff has a reasonable knowledge of the seafood on offer.

As many have mentioned, the boat does sway - the night we visited there was little wind yet the boat was swaying but we didnt notice it after about 10 mins and a few Fiji Gold. If you suffer from motion sickness, choose your conditions carefully try to pick a time with very little or preferably NO wind.

I highly recommend the chilli scallops as well as the salad bar which is one of the best salad bars I have tried. The Kokonda (Fijian version of saviche) was awesome. I also ordered the Coral Trout which unfortunately was over cooked but still edible. I was surprised to see this on the menu as this species of fish is known to have the Ciguatera disease in Fiji. The staff also mentioned it was local fish, however I didn't report any ill effects. If you are concerned about Ciguatera, stay away from the Red Snapper and Coral Trout in particular.

1  Thank Sy75
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The menu has a wide selection, ranging from some local dishes like kokoda (equivalent of ceviche, except with coconut milk) to well-known international dishes. The food is prepared well and the fresh salad bar is quite good (especially given that it's not all that common to find fresh veggies in other restaurants around Suva). The main reason to come to Tiko's though, is for the ambiance - the dining room is the main interior deck of a wooden ship floating in Suva harbor. Decor is simple but the dining area has an elegant, polished finish. There is also often live music which adds a nice touch, but should probably be a few notches lower on the volume dial given that most people are trying to have a conversation over dinner and didn't come to listen to a concert.

1  Thank Douglas G
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our conference dinner was a decent buffet of fresh tasting food that catered to all tastes: from plain steamed fish, grilled chicken legs and potato wedges to kokoda, mixed seafood curry, and more. All very tasty!

The boat is really pretty, and the house singer not too overpowering - so atmosphere was good too. We sat downstairs (aircon! - see below), and both staff and service were fantastic. A very pleasant evening.

I've been to floating restaurants before, though normally on a river or lake. Although the boat doesn't move from shore, it does list quite noticeably. When combined with the heat of 80+ people on the upper deck, and no noticeable fans, this did affect a few of our colleagues. Would advise medication in advance for those susceptible to motion sickness.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food and displays of food. It was like amazing and once more i went with mt aunt and uncle which was first time i went to Tikos resturant than i decided to take my girl friend to tilkos for a lunch.