I've stayed in fancier hotels, in more expensive hotels, and in hotels with more contemporary facilities, but none has managed to beat this hotel.
First a quick disclaimer: my wife and I stayed for five nights in January 2014 on our first holiday without kids for... a couple of decades. So there may be rose-tinted opinions mixed with the facts.
We ate dinner and breakfast there each day and the quality of the food was pretty good. Not Heston Blumenthal, but a nice way with fresh local ingredients.
The deluxe room was spacious with a fan and aircon, and a balcony from which, with a bit of a lean, we could see the lagoon. The ensuite shower room was clean although Gen Y might struggle with the dated tap ware.
The hotel is positioned on the other side of the road from the beach (which is okay if you wear something on your feet to avoid coral rash) and there is a nice little grass sward with deck chairs under palm trees where you can relax and listen to the waves on the reef. People will bring you cocktails, if you ask.
From all the descriptions we struggled to understand the position of this hotel. The thing is that when the Outrigger resort was built, the main road was diverted through the hills behind the hotel, which means that although the hotel is separated from the beach by a road, it is now a cul de sac and sees perhaps a couple of dozens mini buses and taxis each day. Traffic is not a problem here.
Now on to the magic ingredient. The staff are wonderful. Friendly and charming without being all over you. Helpful when you need advice, and musical almost all the time: a welcome song, a farewell song, songs in the evening. No piped music here.
So, we loved this hotel, but others may not. The guests were mostly middle-aged couples, however there were also a couple of families with teenagers, a couple of 20-somethings on overspill from a wedding at the Outrigger and an extended family staying on after a wedding. Everyone seemed very happy. As I say, we loved it, however if you need a TV in your room, there are none. If you need contemporary brown-du-jour designer flourishes, look elsewhere. If you want anonymity, rather than feeling like you been adopted by the most hospitable family in the world, a bigger place will fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Sigatoka