“Relaxing and Quiet”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sigatoka
Balmain, Australia
“Relaxing and Quiet”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We are so glad we booked at Bedarra and not somewhere like the Outrigger up the road (which is great for families with children). This is a great place if you are looking to unwind. The staff are wonderful and friendly and helped make the holiday pleasant and relaxing. It is a small complex so this made it easy to chat with other guests around the bar or pool if this is something you would like to do. Happy Hour and its announcement is fun and the Ocean Terrace offers a great range of meals. My only request would be to offer some simple sandwiches to the menu and also have the choice of a few premium wines (white and red). Also loved the king sized singles pushed together - we slept much better than at home.

2 Thank Slowwhite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Dapto, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Wow, fantastic dinner was had here guys

My family of 14 had two dinners at Bedarra on 2/1/14 and 30/12/13

The menu is excellent and the quality of food and presentation is outstanding

The staff are hard working and professional, they looked after us very well and really cared

It was great to have some great food at reasonable pricing while staying just next door at the Outrigger which did not match up to these guys at Bedarra

THANKS AGAIN BEDARRA BEACH INN

We did not stay there so I could not comment on the sleeping arrangements but the food is EXCELLENT

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Anthony P
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our stay at Bedarra surpassed our expectations. In 5 days we felt part of the wonderful Bedarra Beach Inn Family. Spending time with native Fijians, experiencing their loving, giving, caring nature was a true gift and we thank all the staff for sharing themselves and their culture so generously. It is rare to find people who seem to really enjoy their jobs and their work colleagues as much as this team.

Above and beyond advertised - our stay included continental breakfast daily, which while I thoroughly enjoyed (fresh juice, large platter of delicious fruit, toast and coffee), didn't suit the tastes of my husband and twin 18 year old carnivore sons when eggs Benedict was on the menu. Firstly "Congratulations" to the chef and his team for serving up a meal that would raise nocturnal 18 year olds in time for breakfast. Secondly, and here I hope I am not getting someone in trouble .. all these special breakfasts were not charged and were given in lieu of the included continental breakfast .. this has never happened anywhere else we have ever stayed.

Thanks again for a wonderful holiday

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joy S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Couldn't be happier to rave about our recent week-long stay at Bedarra Beach Inn on the Coral Coast. We were so pleased to have stayed here instead of the big resorts. The rooms are simply furnished but clean and comfortable, and we loved that there were no TVs, clocks, or tons of electronics around; we really wanted to get away and relax and Bedarra facilitated that experience. The food is excellent, especially the dinner menu - the curry dishes infused with local seafood and flavors were my favorite, especially the Prawn Curry. The staff really make the place what it is: they are warm, friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to make you feel like Bedarra is home, however long or short your stay may be. Happy hour is where it's at: the drum sounds off at 5pm and you're greeted with delicious drinks at half-price and the Bedarra Beach Boys playing guitar and serenading the lobby and dinner crowd through the evening. We also appreciated the special events like the kava ceremony and helpful front-desk assistance with planning our tours. Bedarra is in a great location because you can relax by their beach or pool, go snorkeling or kayaking, enjoy a spa treatment, or if you want something different, easily walk to explore some of the other local restaurants and resorts nearby but still have the advantage of returning to lovely Bedarra. Although there were some families around, by and large Bedarra's vibe is for couples, both younger and older, and we appreciated that environment as compared with the neighboring Outrigger. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel where the staff made me feel so welcome and facilitated such a relaxing vacation. And like everyone says, we really, really didn't want to leave. I couldn't recommend Bedarra more! My only suggestion would be for them to add music to the spa during treatments and create a bit warmer ambience there.

Room Tip: We stayed in a lovely, quiet, and spacious room off of the main block, up the hill towards the back...
1 Thank Rebecca N
Sydney
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed for 9 days with our 6 months old and asked for a quiet room. We got a room at the back in a separate building, more like a bungalow with a huge terrace- perfect for our little crawling wriggling boy. We had room service most nights, nice food but the pasta is just ok so I would recommend local dishes. We also got a microwave in our room for free to sterilise baby bottles, an extra table and sheets, great service. The Italian coffee is fantastic. There were never more than 10 people at the pool, compared with the Outrigger which we visited and there where sooo many people at the pool, felt like a public pool. The beach is lovely, nice green strip under palms just behind the beach where you can get food and drinks brought out. Really peaceful and quiet. The ocean is like a big bathtub, no waves so perfect to take little baby in. Only thing that was a tat disappointing was the spa, but we didn't come here for that. This place has a great reputation, and well deserved so.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank frangipani_schnitz
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Bulla, Spent the first week of December with my wife and did not wont to leave. Lovely relaxed place to holiday. The food and the service are first rate the staff are the best very friendly and very genuine. Last of all DO NOT miss Happy Hour.

Room Tip: Any room it is the people that will make your holiday
2 Thank phillip g
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Just over a week ago, my husband and I got married at Outrigger on the Lagoon. However,we chose to stay at Bedarra Beach Inn for the week, and we are so glad we did. The price was so affordable for the week, and we definitely preferred staying in a smaller resort where our room wasn't too far away from our friends' rooms, reception, the BBI Spa, the pool, the restaurant, and most importantly, the bar.

Staff:
Bedarra is so close-knit, that the entire staff became our family for the week. We were amazed that we would walk around Bedarra the day after checking-in, and the staff would greet each of us by name, instead of Ma'am/Sir.

We had about 60 guests attend our wedding, with the majority of them choosing to also stay at Bedarra. The staff were so kind and friendly to all of us, helping out whenever and wherever they could, and being so accommodating to such a big group (especially at Happy Hour, where we would often occupy the entire bar).

Big shout-outs to Betta, Manoa, Jiten, Mere, Viliame, Sala, Vesi, Saki, Vani, Mateo, and a big thank you to the lovely Housekeeping lady with the beautiful singing voice (I think it was maybe Salote) - thank you for looking after us!

Accommodation:
I loved staying at Bedarra because the rooms were huge (they were at least double the size of the Outrigger rooms I saw, while over there). They are in the process of renovating the rooms, and my friend was lucky enough to be given the first room to be renovated, so I got to have a sneak-peek - it was very stylish! I also love the fact that the rooms had huge sliding glass doors, which allowed in a lot of natural light. I also liked the fact that there were no TVs or phones in the room - it made our Bedarra experience much more relaxing, and everyone was outside by the pool enjoying time together, instead of spending their holiday in their room watching TV. Another thing I really loved about our room was the HUGE bathroom, with SO much bathroom bench space (such a girly thing to say, I know)! And the little animals (a frog and a swan) the Housekeeping staff made with the towels each day were completely adorable.

Food:
I absolutely loved the Bedarra menus. The lunch and dinner menus boasted both traditional Fijian cuisine (Kokoda, Ika Vakalolo, as well as some amazing curry platters), as well as some classic favourites (burgers, fish and chips, steak). I thought the pizza menu was a fantastic idea - delicious too! One of our friends was vegetarian and raved about the Vegetarian Curry Platter. Everything was very reasonably priced, and the fruit and vegetables just tasted so fresh!

Drinks:
It's so hard for me to pick my one favourite part of Bedarra, but Happy Hour would come close. The cocktail list is extensive and the Papaya Surprise was a favourite among many in our group. It was especially delicious since it was made from fresh papaya, blended up right in front of us - yum! There were times when we would completely occupy the bar - with close to 30 of our group who were staying at Bedarra, as well as our friends from other resorts who would come and enjoy Happy Hour with us too, but the bar staff were completely accommodating and were always working so hard to get our many, many (MANY) cocktails made.

On our last day, we asked if we could have our Happy Hour Piña Coladas served in actual coconuts, and someone from the Maintenance staff went and picked eight coconuts for us.

BBI Spa:
Both my husband and I had massages at BBI Spa, and they were perfect! Very professional and relaxing.

Overall:
The few guests who chose to stay at other resorts, ended up spending most of their time at Bedarra with us, and they often commented on how nice it was to be greeted by name (by the Bedarra staff) each time they came to visit. Most of them stated that they wished they stayed at Bedarra, as everyone was so friendly, and the rooms were so big!

All that being said, there were just a couple things that, although they didn't take away from our overall Bedarra experience, could maybe use some change: Firstly, I didn't like that people could smoke at the bar (especially since it is inside, near reception and the restaurant). I also thought the pool had a little too much chlorine in it. And that's it - they're the only two bad things I have to say about Bedarra.

We will definitely be coming back to this place - it's affordable, clean, kid-friendy, welcoming, and most importantly, it's fun! Thank you, Bedarra for making our week the most enjoyable holiday ever!

Stayed November 2013
8 Thank Leilani W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigatoka
The Warwick Fiji
Nanuku Auberge Resort
#1 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Bedarra Beach Inn? Share your experiences!