Note: A rental car is NOT needed here, unless you don't want to be restricted by buses.
I rated this hotel 4 stars for the following reasons:
1) Kayaking and snorkeling on site. However, if the tide is out which it was much of the 4 days during the heat of the day we were there, then snorkeling can be quite limited. Check your tide tables for this area before booking.
2) Nice area with Outrigger nearby, and convenient to Sigatoka.
3) Fabulous staff. Jonathon and Pena....you are both amazing.
4) Restaurant...Food was positively exquisite, and won't break the bank.
4) Size and type of room, especially honeymoon suite. Good value.
1) If you are unable to provide a singing sendoff for most guests, then please do it for all. We were extremely disappointed when we watched this being done for other guests that were departing the next day, and no one made any attempt to do for us. This made us feel excluded, and hurt. Not a way to attract repeat business.
2) Rooms need a definite face lift. However, one of the owners approached us to gain access to our room to measure and do planning for a remodel. Am quite surprised they booked the room for that day, intruding on guests. For future travelers, I'm guessing you will soon have an updated honeymoon suite. Ask before booking.
3) Cost of drinks. Being from the U.S. my jaw literally dropped when I saw drinks were $22 FJ, which is about $15 US. Even the cruise lines are around $9 U.S. Some of the alcohol is even locally made, eliminating considerable expense to the hotel. Can you spell PRICE GOUGE?!? Get your own booze (local rum), and mixer (mango juice with lime, yum!), and make your own for very little cost. Happy hour is the ONLY time to bother buying their drinks.
4) DEC-MARCH is their rainy season. Warned to stay far away during this time. North American snowbirds...Oct, maybe Nov.
Would I return. Yes, but if into seeing large amounts of marine based wildlife such as turtles, etc, would definitely stay at outer islands that cater to this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Sigatoka