We recently stayed at the Bedarra Beach Inn whilst visting Fiji for a friends wedding at the nearby Outrigger resort.
We are glad we stayed at the Bedarra as it represented true value for money and suited us based on the holiday we were taking (did not need all the TV's, Mod Cons & extravagances etc in the room). The rooms were very clean and well presented and comfortable although simple (do not expect a 5 star city style hotel room). My only suggestion for the rooms would be for Bedarra to invest in some heavier curtins which do not fill the whole room with bright light at the crack of dawn, but then again who wants to sleep all day in Fiji?
The resort itself was immaculately looked after with the grounds, pool and common areas clean and inviting. All the staff were very friendly and happy to help throughout our stay.
Despite many fantastic reviews, we found the food average - definately nothing to rave about, but in saying that we also found the food in general in Fiji to be below the basic standard we are used to in Australia. We also to repeatdly ask for items we had ordered which still had not come well after the rest of the meal was served, however this did not worry us to much as we were in no rush. Fiji time certainly is very obvious here and for the most its very nice - no one is in a big rush and it's all part of the relaxing experince, however in saying this on more than one occassion we waited over 15mins after asking a couple of times for our resturant bill to sign which did get a little frustrating when you were waiting to head out somewhere.
All in all, Bedarra certainly is a nice place and great value for money compared to nearby chain resorts (complete with millions of screaming kids), the staff are nice and the rooms and common areas (including the amazing bar) are very well kept. Just do not confuse this for a 4/5 star resort by Western Standards because it isn't, but then again I do not think thats what they are trying to be either. Well done Bedarra, thanks for what was overall an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Sigatoka