Firstly, thanks to all the staff here - even those who don't smile much!
A good establishment tries to get things right first time. Good customer service is how they react when things don't go right. This place gets most things right and when they don't, they try to fix it.
We arrived at 9pm one evening, just as the kitchen closed. Nonetheless, they took our order and we got fed. The driver of our pre-booked taxi had actually offered to phone ahead and order our food in case he couldn't drive fast enough...
We'd booked a deluxe room and spent the first night in a very large room in the annex. The next morning, we asked if we could move to a room with a view of the ocean and accepted the offer of a slightly smaller room in the main building. Both rooms were perfectly clean, the showers worked excellently, as did the (very quiet) air-conditioners. The fridges made a bit more noise than I want, but I'm a very light sleeper. Incidentally, ours weren't empty, they had milk to go with the tea and (excellent) ground coffee, which was provided in-room.
One review that said the pool was 'bath-sized'. Obviously some idiots have very big baths! The pool at the Bedarra, like all other hotels, is not Olympic Standard. But it is cleaned every morning, just like the very nice patio that surrounds it.
Breakfasts, like evening meals, were very good. We stayed here 3 full days and saw no reason to eat elsewhere. We appreciate good food. We had the 'signature' chicken curry one evening, which was excellent. Maybe not 100% authentic Indian, but the flavours were good, the quality of ingredients high and the portion size just right.
They prepared a Lovo 'feast' one evening, which was an interesting mix of flavours, but was quite dry. I made this comment to the duty manager when he came round the restaurant asking if everyone's food was OK, as he did every evening. With no fuss whatsoever, the price of one dinner disappeared off the bill. Customer Service!
A couple of other little problems we had were dealt with efficiently and at check-out, I made the comment that theirs was probably the best Customer Service I'd ever experienced.
Don't go to the Bedarra Beach Inn if you want somewhere that's good for kids. The beach IS clean and has nice sand, but as all guides to this coast point out, under the shallow waters of the lagoon are lots of rocks. We borrowed reef shoes from the Bedarra so we could wade out and look at the wildlife. There's really not much to do here, but it's a great place to chill out for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Sigatoka