We recently stayed at BBI again for 3 nights on a site seeing trip with our Mum and Aunty. This is our 3rd stay at BBI and we usually love every minute of our stays.... But.....
Here are the reasons we LOVE BBI so much:
1. BBI consists of around 30 rooms
2. It is small, intimate, friendly and most importantly, quiet and relaxing
3. There is no 'kids club', 'banana boat' or loud late night disco
Sadly, during our recent stay, a large group of people from the adjacent 'Outrigger' descended on our peaceful resort with about 6 or 7 loud squealing children!! (albeit without a dinner reservation) and the kids proceeded to tear around the restaurant, gardens, pool and up and down the stairs leading to the guest rooms. All the while the 'parents' of these out of control kids did nothing to supervise them at all. It was up to the manager on duty to actually ask the parents to please control the children. There were also kids in the pool during the day playing pool games and doing 'bombs' in the pool, resulting in us not utilising the pool whilst we were there.
I understand that the passing visitors to BBI are good for business but there are certain reasons why we go there. It is not a 'kid friendly' resort and that's why we like it. I beleive that the owners of BBI should advertise the resort as 'adults only' or 'children by prior arrangement' as we are aware of several families who enjoy their well earned annual vacation at BBI with their very well behaved kids.
My note to potential guests is this. If you do have noisy, over indulged children who need to be amused all day or children who are of the age where 'bombs' in the pool and banana boats appeal to them, please DO NOT STAY HERE!! There are many resorts in Fiji who cater to families and would be fantastic for kids! THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!
We love BBI for the peace, the relaxation and the friendly staff. Please don't ever change.
We look forward to our next visit. Hopefully the next one will be a bit more relaxing.
One other suggestion. The curtains in the guest rooms are quite sheer and let alot of early morning light into the room. Would be great if we could have sime 'block out' curtains as sleeping in is definitely something we all enjoy whilst on holidays! Vinaka...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer the personalized, intimate & friendly service of a small Inn with the luxurious accommodation, exquisite cuisine and special attention you'd expect from a large international resort costing twice the price. Our goal is to welcome you as guests, care for you as family and remember you as friends. 2 Great restaurants, unique cocktail bar, pool, lagoon beach, all rooms air-conditioned. Near Outrigger on the Lagoon Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bedarra Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedarra Beach Hotel Sigatoka
- Bedarra Beach Inn Fiji/Sigatoka