If you want a quiet holiday with limited disruptions then Namuka is the place for you. This resort Is ideal for people wanting a simple and relaxing holiday. It’s very isolated. A long scenic drive from the main road will cost about $10-15FJD in a taxi. Once you arrive the location is breathtaking. The palm trees and lush landscape boast beautiful views over an inviting blue lagoon. The big villas face the water and are spacious and clean although no curtains or mosquito nets. I’ve also previously stayed in the standard accommodation which is better suited to people on a budget (backpackers) the standard rooms are very basic, old and very tired but for what you pay that’s expected. It’s all about the location!
There is no electricity at all during the day and a generator provides electricity at night time for a few hours. So don’t expect your gadgets to be fully charged or to have television etc. you need to entertain yourself. I loved this. I loved the fact it was a break from technology and the normally busy lifestyle.
The beach: white sandy beach with beautiful lagoon for swimming and exploring. You will need to bring reef shoes to walk into the water. Of course you can go bare foot as some parts are sandy without coral but I wore my reef shoes and this meant I could with ease enjoy my swim and get in and out without concern over the coral cutting my feet. It is one of the best beaches I’ve seen on the main Island of Fiji! Most of the beaches on the main island are either too shallow with reef or unsuitable for other reasons. This location allows all day swimming!
The restaurant: very limited menu but it’s all delicious. Even though it’s a small choice each item on the menu was so nice! Everything seemed healthy and filling. The food was great!
The Price: great value for money!
Location: breathtaking, private, isolated, simple, good for couples wanting time alone. Limited entertainment so get creative and make your own fun. I loved just sunbaking, swimming and exploring.
The Staff: so welcoming and hard working. Everyone went above and beyond to the best of their ability to ensure our stay was enjoyable. I noticed the same staff were working from sunrise til when I went to bed and possibly even later. I would like to see the resort have a rotating roster to allow staff to rest. I did notice some staff members didn't have defined job roles for example the receptionist (who was wonderful) also seemed to be the housekeeper, the one doing the laundry, taking all queries and concerns, activities, even at times helping in the kitchen and even being a waitress! she was marvelous at all these duties but as a guest i do feel perhaps these roles should be divided up and not placed all on one staff member as it appeared. From a business point of view it does not look professional. It would also be nice to have the staff in uniforms too so its clear who is on duty and who is not as staff live on the premisses.
Mishaps: we did have a mishap that caused us to question some of the safety policies in the resort in regards to electricity. We discussed this with the owner who was quick to have a professional come to address the problem. My only suggestion to the owner is to ensure all occupational health and safety procedures are up to date and well managed to avoid problems in the future. This is a wonderful property and it would be a shame if poor management meant the property devalued.
I will definitely be returning to this paradise for some relaxation and simple living. I loved the location and enjoyed my time here. I will be recommending this resort. overall i love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Namuka bay lagoon is more of a hideaway than a frilly resort it offers wellness in its serene and unpulluted surroundings, adventure in its limestone caves and historic archelogical sites and activities ranging from mountain biking,kayaking, horseriding, massage,meditation,snorkelling,hiking to nearby Fijian village or to nearby 5 star rssorts.The Namuka Bay lagoon is very safe for kids and it is the last part of the mainland which still has live coral.Namuka bay promises a healthy you, through our resorts gardens and corn fed pultry and meadow fresh milk and eggs. If you want to feel alive again try us..you wont be disapointed Namuka is Fiji's newly discovered paradise its not only for a new breed of eco-travellers but its for those who want to rejuvenate themselves and return to mother nature itself A unique blend of nature and adventure awaits you ...hidden amongst rolling hills of a tropical rainforest. Namuka Bay promises more than just a holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Hotel Sigatoka
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort Fiji/Sigatoka