Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort is like a little piece of Heaven in Fiji. For travelers who are looking for something off the beaten path, this is the perfect destination. The resort is 6km off the main road directly on the beach. The villas are nicely appointed with mahogany floors and well made furnishings and are situated 30 feet from the sandy beach. The area is pristine - no manicured beaches. The jungle comes right up to the beach, and you can even see wlld horses galloping in the distance! Namuka Bay is a piece of paradise carved out of the jungle.
To me, the resort easily compares to the $500 US per night tourist resorts - but with much more privacy and incredible value for your money.
The resort is family owned for five generations. Mama San as I call her is the great great grandma and the real boss LOL, yet the grandson runs the day-to-day administration. The staff give personalized service - unequaled in any country or hotel I've been in. Ale and Annie take great care of the rooms, and Sylvia is the outstanding chef.
The restaurant is open 24 hours per day, and Sylvia cooks authentic Fijian dishes and other types of cuisine. If you want breakfast at 4:00 am, no problem! A midnight snack is okay too.
There might be complaints about the lack of electricity during daylight hours and no TV, but you do get the electric back on at sunset and through the night into the morning hours. I got used to it quickly, and it was fine. If this is an issue, why did you come to Fiji? To stay in your room?
I am a spiritual teacher, and let me say that this is the perfect place to get away to find the peace and solace that we all need today. I stayed nearly a month here and feel fresh and rejuvenated. I highly recommend Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort and will stay here again on any future trips to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Namuka bay lagoon is more of a hideaway than a frilly resort it offers wellness in its serene and unpulluted surroundings, adventure in its limestone caves and historic archelogical sites and activities ranging from mountain biking,kayaking, horseriding, massage,meditation,snorkelling,hiking to nearby Fijian village or to nearby 5 star rssorts.The Namuka Bay lagoon is very safe for kids and it is the last part of the mainland which still has live coral.Namuka bay promises a healthy you, through our resorts gardens and corn fed pultry and meadow fresh milk and eggs. If you want to feel alive again try us..you wont be disapointed Namuka is Fiji's newly discovered paradise its not only for a new breed of eco-travellers but its for those who want to rejuvenate themselves and return to mother nature itself A unique blend of nature and adventure awaits you ...hidden amongst rolling hills of a tropical rainforest. Namuka Bay promises more than just a holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Hotel Sigatoka
- Namuka Bay Lagoon Resort Fiji/Sigatoka